If you don't clean or antifoul your outdrive

Ari

[ QUOTE ]

Bloody hell!!!.. what a mess!

I take it that is a boat out job!.. i reckon it could also be a replacement outdrive, or would that come off with a high pressure hose?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of that would come off with a lift and pressurewash. You'd have to get the boat towed to the dock though as you certainly couldn't drive it like that, and if you tried you'd almost certainly overheat the engine as all the cooling intakes will be blocked.

Outdrive should be ok if the anodes are alright. Legs like that are a fairly common sight at this time of year as a lot of people virtually abandon their boat through the winter. That one was particularly bad however!

I'm guesing the hull is antifouled but the outdrive leg isn't. It's how I run my boat as I hate the idea of spraying up the nice shiny painted leg with antifoul paint, but I have to scrub it every week to keep the weed down.

I guess this is what happens if you don't scrub it for six months...

Very much so. If I tilt my outdrive right up it's still 90% immersed.

In addition it's bad form to leave the leg tilted as the stainless hydraulic tilt rams are exposed to weed and barnacle growth that will feck the seals when the rams are retracted in use.

My Outboard will be totally out, but then again with the cost of moorings in the UK mine will also be coming out everyday, being flushed, and trailered home.

Friend with a Sea Ray recently had issues trying to pull his boat out of the water on its trailer...... just couldnt get it to go beyond a certian point on the jetty.

He had, however, left the Bravo III fully down.....

D'oh.