BMW 330D

djcool

I'm considering part-exing my Volvo S60 D5 (tweaked to 200bhp) for a 330d.

Can someone give me or point me in the right direction of information about tuning potential / power gains and things like that?

I love the Volvo, but 200bhp is about as far as it'll go and I have a need for speed 169144-ok.gif

I do love it though cool.gif

DMS appear to be the main Derv BMW tuners, depending on which year 330D you get, upto 265BHP or so is apparently achievable.

My brother has just bought a 330D and he'll be off there soon.

Cheers

Ben

Hi,

I've been researching the 330d and I'm getting a bit confused with the engines to be honest.

As far as I can find, I can get:

184bhp

204bhp

218bhp

231bhp

As standard from the same engine, the difference being the model years, which seem to overlap somewhat.

My head hurts frown.gif

The e46 330d originally had a 2926 cc 184 bhp engine, and a 5 speed manual box. In 2003 a revised engine (2993cc) was introduced with 204 bhp & a 6 speed box. This is the same engine as used in the New 5 Series (E60) & new 3 series (E90)

I think you're right wrt to the E46 - 184 bhp then up to 204. IIRC though the 218 bhp version debuted in the E60/61 5, and was replaced by the 231 bhp version, also in the E90/91, last year. The 535d is based on the earlier 218 bhp engine I think...

As for chipping, I think gIzzE has had his 535d done, so might be worth pm'ing him

HTH

Peter

I contacted DMS and they've told me that the 204 was avaliable from '03 and they upgrade to 260bhp and 560NM.

So if I'm after a 330d I'm probably looking at an early 204bhp model which I would them have DMS work their magic.

I'll have to check the funds, its a toss up between squeezing 210bhp out of my S60 or spending the extra on a 330d and taking it to DMS.

Or I might wait until I finish University next year and get myself a brand new '07 330d wink.gif

330d is a nice car, I was seriously considering swapping my 535d over for a new 330d M-Sport and seriously tweaking it, they can be really pushed, around 330bhp and over 600nm of torque, in a smaller, more nimble car than the 5 series I bet this would be quite a package.

Volvo S6 Vs 330d?? Hmm, let me think for a moment?? Fecking go for it mate, no comparrison! wink.gif169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I contacted DMS and they've told me that the 204 was avaliable from '03 and they upgrade to 260bhp and 560NM.

So if I'm after a 330d I'm probably looking at an early 204bhp model which I would them have DMS work their magic.

I'll have to check the funds, its a toss up between squeezing 210bhp out of my S60 or spending the extra on a 330d and taking it to DMS.

Or I might wait until I finish University next year and get myself a brand new '07 330d wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Did DMS say what the earlier 184 model could be taken to?

Cheers

Ben

• 4 months later...

My girlfriend is getting aTT in 2 weeks. Having her car faster than mine is not the best news so remapping / tuning mine is being considered. I do a lot of miles though so if the economy will get even worse then I'll just have to swallow my pride and leave it as it is.