[Audi A3/S3] RS3 Spy Pics in this weeks Auto Express

david_d

Well I for one would prefer the S3 to use the Twincharger as opposed to the TFSI 'bigger turbo' engine, if for no other reason than to give better drivability at the low end.

Also "240bhp"??? That's not funny. An S3 less powerful than the R32 but more expensive?? I really want an S3 but I'll rethink if this is true.

[ QUOTE ]

Well I for one would prefer the S3 to use the Twincharger as opposed to the TFSI 'bigger turbo' engine, if for no other reason than to give better drivability at the low end.

Also "240bhp"??? That's not funny. An S3 less powerful than the R32 but more expensive?? I really want an S3 but I'll rethink if this is true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought all had been confirmed for about 265bhp on an S3. That doesn't look like an RS3 to me, more like someone thats doing some tuning or wants to race one maybe. We will see. blush.gif

the lower front valance is a bit of a giveaway TBH. That said, if it happens, my guess is a 2.OTwinCharger for the RS3 pushing around 300+hp and a tuned 2.OFSIT for the normal S pushing the claimed 265hp. 169144-ok.gif

Either that or 3.2 Supercharge, but i'm having doubts on that one. Unlike audi to use just 1 engine on one car and i'm sure that we would have seen that combo before, especially bearing in mind the 3.2's age now.

[ QUOTE ]

Bodykit? If you spend enough money people will make you what you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you just being a bit silly now?

You could say that about any spy pics. If what you're saying is true, the guy driving the car bolted his bonnet down, got some RS4 wheels, got a fancy new bumper and spoiler and also got a whole new sets of side panels with flared arches.

Sorry, but it's just too far fetched. And besides, the same guy photographed an S3, so I for one think this is the real deal.

Well, I agree that the shape of the front spoiler is quite close to the S3 but I'm still a bit skeptical. There's the single wiper as I mentioned before and the bonnet pins, but I also agree that those could be camoflauge sekret.gif The front splitter doesn't quite jive with what I'd expect from Audi especially with the central supports, they look like dung.gif IMO and detrach from the lines of the car. Then there's the way the driver is sitting in there crazy.gif Dude's all down low like you'd expect from a boy-racer smashfreakB.gif

Well there's my 2¢ 169144-ok.gif

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Bodykit? If you spend enough money people will make you what you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you just being a bit silly now?

You could say that about any spy pics. If what you're saying is true, the guy driving the car bolted his bonnet down, got some RS4 wheels, got a fancy new bumper and spoiler and also got a whole new sets of side panels with flared arches.

Sorry, but it's just too far fetched. And besides, the same guy photographed an S3, so I for one think this is the real deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not being silly, just realistic. Even if the same guy photoed the S3 it doesn't mean this is for real. I will wait and see.