A4 with optional 18" alloys from factory.

Paul

My car came with Quattro GMBH 18" 9 spokes and a steel spare, the 9 spokes were then swapped for 5 spoke RS6 wheels to keep a customer happy.

I couldn't hack a 15 inch Space saver (or having to drive at 50mph when I got a puncture in Germany) so I bought a new 5 spoke RS6 alloy wheel and tyre. Don't ask how much it was, because you don't even want to know!!

[ QUOTE ]

S-lines prepped from Quattro GMBH (so B6 S-lines and the new Special Editions) come with a full size spare. Non Quattro GMBH S-lines (B7's) come with Space Savers unless specified.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure about that Nelson? My car has a space saver and being the anorak that I am, I checked my 2004 price list and it confirms that the S-Line has a space saver.

BUB confused.gif

hi guys

apologys if this has been asked before but where do you guys recommend for cheap tyres? fittings not a problem but cheap tyres delivered would be very helpful!

i did see a couple of links when i was browsing the other night but even using the search function i couldn't find them again suicide.gif

apologys for my Noobishness (if that is even a word LOL) jump.gif

[ QUOTE ]

S-lines prepped from Quattro GMBH (so B6 S-lines and the new Special Editions) come with a full size spare. Non Quattro GMBH S-lines (B7's) come with Space Savers unless specified.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Nelson -- both Bub's and mine came with space savers !! there's room for a full size version

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry Nelson -- both Bub's and mine came with space savers !! there's room for a full size version

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I thought quattros usually came with space savers due to the smaller space avail due to driveshaft etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

As Chris says Chav, on the A4 the rear axle and diff' don't affect the spare wheel well/boot floor.

I don't know why Audi put a space saver in TBH.......

Even a full size steel wheel would be better.

BUB confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's just a cost thing then... tight arse bastards.

Probably the same reason I haven't got any spare bulbs in my car. Grrr.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably but the price of space saver tyres isn't cheap.

ITRO £80-£100.

Still it's a few 'beans' saved by the bean counters I guess.

BUB coffee.gif

PS. Chav does any car come with spare bulbs?