Thinking of a 911 for my wife!

gizze

Fiona keeps going on about missing having a convertible, this is the first summer she has not had one in 5 years and really missing it.

I have been looking at Boxster 3.2S, but it is back to a 2 seater and it was nice all of us being able to jump in the Audi and going for a drive up to the coast.

So this has got me looking at maybe a 996, from say a 2001 or on. Have you got some links to some Porsche forums, maybe with some classifieds on them so I can look into a little more.

My only concern is I have been keeping a eye on 997's to swap the 535d, we would then sell her Mini and get an old X5 or similar for when we need a big car, now if I do get her a 996 cab my 997 coupe would go out the window.

I have driven the coupes a few times and love them, and I am worried that I would just start to hate the Cab, andyone had both, is there a massive difference or does it still feel Porsche?

All the info you can give would be great. 169144-ok.gif

Never think to use the forum on pistonheads, and I have been browsing the classifieds every day for the last 4 years as well! wink.gif

There was a really good Porsche forum, UK based I found once but I can't find it again, any ideas? 169144-ok.gif

I think I fecked up to be honest with you, she was more than happy for me to get her an X5, keep the MX-5 and me get whatever I wanted.

Then we popped in to have a quick look at this....

2005 05 Reg PORSCHE 911 2dr Tiptronic S 997 Cabriolet

Now Fiona really, really likes it, however I would have a problem spending that much on a car that isn't quite what I want, a £70k compromise is a big compromise!

She however is saying ditch the 535d and get the cab and get an older runaround with the money from her Mini.

I am now thinking that maybe it would be better to buy a 2001 Cab for £35k or less.

I bet I could run that for 2 years and still get £27k back on it, and that is cheap motoring.

That means I could probably keep the 535d too, and I do think I would miss that, it does everything so well.

You can buy it back if you miss it that much, how long I have I had it? 3 months? I'll sell it back for £3k less! wink.gif

How does Porsche warranty work? Could I get a 2002 car warrantied if I have the check over first?

Im pretty sure you can get a porsche warranty , you will need them to inspect it first and i think its around £750. What ever you do i would get the Porsche warranty as from all accounts its well worth it over lets say the RAC 5 star 1!

Well, I didn't even go and look at it yesterday, thought it best to avoid it, I'm sure it would have been nice, but not what I really want.

If it was going to be a cab I would rather spend sub £40k, for £60-70k I would rather get a 911 S coupe.

I know!! Buy an Audi A4 3.0QS Cab for your wife:

(See here:)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/73218.htm

then a Porsche for yourself!! Problem solved!!!

OK, Just trying to sell my A4, but interested to know why you would settle for a Tip Gearbox in a cab, but not a coupe? I am looking for a C4 Cab at present and cos my perfect car is yet to be found (Manual!) I started to consider Tiptronic, but I'm not convinced!

Donna

[ QUOTE ]

what is it that you "want" ?? 123576-assfeck.gif

thought it was a CSL SMOKE6.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

jump.gif

I really want a 911 and an eatate or older x5 for when we need the space.

However, I think I would miss the 535d on a daily basis as it is a great car and does everything so well.

So I thought maybe a CSL and keep the 535d, but not sure if I could afford to do that. That is why I was asking you about prices and finance.

I have just got an itch to change if I am going to be honest with myself. smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I know!! Buy an Audi A4 3.0QS Cab for your wife:

(See here:)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/73218.htm

then a Porsche for yourself!! Problem solved!!!

OK, Just trying to sell my A4, but interested to know why you would settle for a Tip Gearbox in a cab, but not a coupe? I am looking for a C4 Cab at present and cos my perfect car is yet to be found (Manual!) I started to consider Tiptronic, but I'm not convinced!

Donna

[/ QUOTE ]

Reason I would buy a tip cab is I think it would suit it, more of a fast cruiser (although I may be wrong and it may be more than that?) however, I feel if you go coupe you have to have a manual on the 911.

Thanks for the offer on the cab, but we had one last summer and fancy a change. Problem we have is we do go away alot because I live above my business, so whenever I get some time off we jump in the car and disappear for a week, otherwise I can't switch off, and for that we need a car that holds all our stuff and the dog.

After having the 535d I have just got a real itch for something that is a little faster and better handling.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

what is it that you "want" ?? 123576-assfeck.gif

thought it was a CSL SMOKE6.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

jump.gif

I really want a 911 and an eatate or older x5 for when we need the space.

However, I think I would miss the 535d on a daily basis as it is a great car and does everything so well.

So I thought maybe a CSL and keep the 535d, but not sure if I could afford to do that. That is why I was asking you about prices and finance.

I have just got an itch to change if I am going to be honest with myself. smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

woppum mk II per chance.... jump.gif

• 2 weeks later...