My boxster is here !

Jez

Cheers Dave and Bazza, I'm loving the colour, its one of those metalics that change shade slightly under different lights. It's just had it's first waxing although it's rained every day since I picked it up mad.gif

Thanks Rachel, I hope you get better weather on Wednesday than I did when I got mine ! Do you know the spec yet ? and are you going to keep it ? It will be hard to give up once you have driven it but I'll be interested how it compairs to your R32 (forgetting the roof part grin.gif)

It is, as far as I have been able to determine, a 2005 build, 2006 compliance plated 987 standard Boxster - 2.7l, 5 spd, Speed Yellow with black partial leather seats and black roof, cruise control, climate control, home link, wind deflector, Porsche crest on seats, CD stacker, sound package, telephone prep, trip computer, windscreen with grey tint, LSD, PSM, 17" Boxster 2 wheels (which is good as I'm looking to buy the snow chains for them).

I had thought of going to the 18" wheels, but at $2990 just for the wheels or $7400 for the wheels/tyres (235/40 f, 265/40 r) I might hold off a little. wink.gif

I'll keep it for a while - as registration is part of the prize, and down here - the dealers immediately treat the car as 2nd hand once registered. Even if it hasn't moved from the showroom with 0km on the clock... So being offered 2/3 the value of the prize isn't that tempting.

Sounds good, There's not many cars that can carry off yellow well but a Porsche is certainly one of them 169144-ok.gif

Be sure to give it a good going over on collection, I had a very small scuff on one of the alloys which I nearly missed that is now awaiting replacement. Enjoy ECLIPSe.gif

[ QUOTE ]

2 more sleeps! ZZZ.gif

Though my skating buddy said it's only 1 more SLEEP5.GIF as I'll be too keyed up to sleep tomorrow night...

(I think he's right) jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif did you sleep ?

grin.gif did you collect today ?

grin.gif we need details jump.gif

grin.gif I'm sure you'll be very happy together smlove2.gif

169144-ok.gif

Yes.

Took the afternoon off work to get it and misbehave. I put 200km on it in the first 3 hours. smile.gif

These pix were taken by the chap I go blading with - in his driveway 10 minutes after leaving the dealers. It was VERY cold BTW.

I've been driving it everywhere with the roof down 9at about -3.5C to 13C temp ranges - and even tried to raise the roof on the move last night as I got caught in a sudden squall (it works a treat!). 169144-ok.gif

825583-24-05-20062-04-47PM_0005.JPG

825583-24-05-20062-04-09PM_0003a.jpg

I hope to post some more pictures later next week once I've been able to take a few - and do a subjective comparison of the driveability and feel of the .:R32 vs. the Boxster.

post-4885-137914360493_thumb.jpg

The dealer basically said to train it so it will learn how it will be driven.

His recommended break in method is "Warm everything up properly - then drive it like you stole it", or words to that effect. 169144-ok.gif

So I did. FIREdevil.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The dealer basically said to train it so it will learn how it will be driven.

His recommended break in method is "Warm everything up properly - then drive it like you stole it", or words to that effect. 169144-ok.gif

So I did. FIREdevil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif My dealer too jump.gif

grin.gif That looks brilliant Rachel notworthy.gif

grin.gif Raising the hood on the move is a cool as funk trick - still makes me smile each time 169144-ok.gif