BMW Alpina M5 Beast...

DHA

An old shape 5 series which must have been a one off colabartion between BMW M sport and tuners Alpina. I wonder how much power was coming from this car? The single diesel style exhaust added to the Q car status.....

810855-DSC00052.JPG

post-62-137914358434_thumb.jpg

Pathetic, isn't it.

There seems to be a fleet of old 5-series attempting such 'self upgrades' across the UK at the moment.

I've seen a silly number of M5 wanabees and also a host of cars with M5 alloys and those silly M Power badges on the back.

Why they feel the need to destroy a car that won a record number of 'Executive Car of the Year' awards is beyond me. The E39 5-series is a superb car, yet they seem destined to go the way of E36 3-series. It's started to happen to E46's too mind you. Alarmingly high number of heavy tints, different alloys, M badges and the obligatory roof spoiler starting to appear.

That reminds me of the one I saw on the A1. Titanium E60 5-series with an M5 badge on it - black windows that were darker than a black hole, 18" alloys from Ripspeed or their modern equivalent and a dual exhuast tip (chromed).

The guy had his window down, arm tapping the door, doing about 85-90 mph.

you think thats bad - try putting 'sporting' badges on the back of cars with the same running gear + power as all the other models in the range with only a slightly better gearbox, but just tarting them up a little on the outside, and putting in a slightly better interior! - and thats a bloody manufacturer!