In the market for an S6

misternomer

Used car search on audi.co.uk shows a Nemo Blue with 66k on the clock for £25k in Stratford-upon-Avon, a Misano Red with 21k for £24k in Worcester, and a silver with 35k for £29k in Glasgow.

I shouldn't worry too much about spec, I can't rememebr what was standard speac at the time, but they're pretty well sorted cars, and I think they'll all have reverse parking, cruise control, nav etc. Anything missing can usually be retro-fitted with an improved version (eg. replace CD-based nav with DVD-based RNS-E) apart fomr the Bose sound, which would not be nice to retrofit.

Having said that, the blue one at Strat looks nice; auto-dim rearview, folding door mirrors, rear blinds, TV etc.

Good luck with the search!

[ QUOTE ]

My 4.2 A8 Quattro is feeling a bit too wallowy and I dislike the gearbox.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, will the gearbox be a lot better on the S6? The Tip is pretty much the same unit across those two cars IIRC. The S6 might have thumb switches on the steering wheel for 'manual' mode though.

That's the sort of logic I would try with my wife to justify why I need an RS6. Right now, having a mortgage whihc is only 18% of the value of our house is somehow more important though.

I think that if you want more sprrty, forget S6's or S8's. You need to go for as late an S4 as you can afford. They are a far better proposition. It is difficult to say 2 tons + and sporty in the same sentence so go for less weight.

• 2 weeks later...

Really, I thought I had read it was a lot more than that because of the aluminium wings and lack of alloy spare? You would have thought that would have meant more than 10kgs, the Avus II alloy plus tyre itself must weigh more than that? confused.gif