New Car Time...

mini_A4

Well, its that time again. Time to choose my new(company)car.

I currently have a A4 2.0 SE (with a fair amount of options)B6. This time, I want looks and performance over comfort and toys.

I want an S-Line model and was thinking of an 1.8T (which I can have over 3 years and then choose again in 3 years time!) or stretch to a 2.0T over 4 with a little left over for options.

...Or I could get a 2.0T Special Edition, but this will leave me with nothing left over at all (and I do like the Arm rest and Light Pack).

I'm planning to test drive a 1.8T and 2.0T, but thought I would get the thoughts of some people who actually own the cars.

Been lurking here for long enough, thought it was time I dropped a post.

I take it you hav already got discount on the Audis if you say the Special Edition is your absolute max?

Reason I ask is discounts are to be had, and if you ask for options rather than money off the are sometimes a little more generous, friend of mine get the s-line se and got them, to throw in....

Heated front seats

Phone prep

Nav+

dimming mirrors

and interior light package

However, I think phone prep and the Nav+ was a £1750 option then, not sure. But make sure you haggle hard. 169144-ok.gif

I had thought of a TDI as my brother in law has just bought a 2.0TDI S-Line saloon and it is niiiice! But I've always wanted a Petrol Turbo and now have a chance to get one. ECLIPSe.gif

Our company car scheme is a strange one. It an ownership scheme so it tends to go on a monthly limit depending on residuals and the leasing company who runs it supposedly find the best deal for your spec. However I am going to look into that to see if I can hagle with my local dealer and then see if I can get the leasing company to use that dealer on that deal...fingers crossed.

Either way, great forum guys, and I will be keeping you all informed. With a bit of look, I'll be posting some pics of a newly delilivered S-Line Turbo in a couple of months.. 169144-ok.gif

I think you've been asked this before sportifs2.gif but you're alloys are not the ones that are advertised for the SE. Did the you pay extra to have them or did you request them and got them FOC. Reason I ask is that I really like the 18" 9 spoke Design alloys and would prefer them over the SEs or the 5 spoke 18" currently on the standard S-line.

Want to see if I could get them chucked in FOC.

The SE comes as standard with 15 spoke alloys, the same as on the DTM. You can swap FOC for the RS6 5 Arms which I have, I'm not sure but with the 15's I think you get a full size spare, but not with the 5 arms. I don't think you can change for any other style unless by special arrangement or putting you hand in your pocket!