Considering an S4 cab..

kuks

...and want to draw on your ownership experience.

I got rid of my M3 coupe 4 months ago now and promised myself I would not buy a car for a while and save cash grin.gif

But I am getting sooooo keen on an A4 S4 cab (I have been temopted by many other, buts its the turn of the audi now!)...what do you geuys think - would you recommend one. How is the performance compared to an M3 if anyone has ever made such a switch???

All comments and views to help me make a decision would be much appreciated, including what I should get for aboout 26-28k??

Thanks in advance

Brummie 169144-ok.gif

£26-28k is the bottom end, price wise as they have only been out two years exactly. They are great cars, giving little away to the Avant (never driven a saloon) in handling and performance but having that great top down, big engine feel that makes you want to drive for miles and miles....

Go for it, I got one last week and the only thing that I'm sorry I didn't do is get one before now.

As for the performance, it is not limited to 155mph, it will/has burnt an M3 on the twistys, the sound is great, and I haven't got my Milltek fitted yet, the stantard tyres are sh!t so I put new Michelin PS2's on.

If it doesn't have the DVD sat-nav then get master of sat-nav to fit it for you.

In a nut shell go for it.

I've had mine for a year now and still think it's absolutely fab!

As its to be your first cab it's probably worth pointing out that the wind deflector and heated seats are both top options for increasing the amount of comfortable top down motoring you'll get in!

The main choice to be made is manual or tip. Opinion is polarised on this item. Most would agree however that the manual is not always an easy car to drive smoothly and could become a pain if you spend a long time in slow city traffic.

I guess you'll probably already know that it's a bit thirstier than an M3. Anywhere from 25mpg downwards is normal S4 economy.

Let us know how the test drive goes 169144-ok.gif

CM