The "New" Blue Devil

TP27

It's here, two months early !!

Got the call from my dealer that my new R was delivered to them last week, while he was on holiday. Have the option to wait or take delivery when it suits me. Think it'll be with me very shortly. Told originally I was due Week 22 build so v. confused BUT happy nonetheless !!! 169144-ok.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

Naaah - he just likes the idea of depreciation tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bought an R at launch (as I'd sold my mk-ivR) and spec'd mine but delayed the delivery until now. The car I'm getting is my ordered spec as the R I have is fairly basic. Dealer taking mine back at agreed price (as agreed when I first bought it) and I'm happy with the deal. 169144-ok.gif

When were you given your build date Silver? The dealer only informed me last week that their system was showing up as build week 22.

However, I guess it could have been on there for a while (I did order last November!)

I've prepared myself for a 5-6 week wait, but I guess I should be anticipating the call whenever...

TP, let us know how the new Blue Devil is, you lucky man!!

Oh really?

Well I was expecting to possibly take a July delivery, but if all goes according to plan, it could be with me for anytime in the next few weeks! Here's hoping!

Thanks for the info Boarder! This site is great for information like this as I don't like to constantly bug my dealer but at the same time I've become a bit .:R obsessed!

I just keep imagining that first drive in my head, the roads I'd take, the stop off at the Shell garage for some Optimax, etc!

I only drove the .:R briefly last November and the car only had 50 miles on the clock, so it was hard to measure just how good this car is.

Well hopefully my waiting won't be for too much longer and I just hope that it lives up to the expectation (I'm sure it will smile.gif)

Well, I'm off to the Dealer tomorrow to see the "new" Blue Devil in the flesh and sign the paperwork and arrange delivery. Looks like it'll take at least 10 days to complete the change-over, the DVLA transfer of my plate taking the longest !! I'll take some pics tomorrow and post them up !! 169144-ok.gif

TP 169144-ok.gif

Would heavily recommend that you consider the Milltek cat-back for your new beast - I remember you saying you were waiting to see what other owners thought of the MkV offering and it's fantastic - has really changed the car for the better !

Interesting. Now that I've done 3,500 miles in this R, the exhaust note is magic. I loved the Blueflame on my mk-iv R and always veered against the Milltek, just on account of the fact it was too LOUD !! Think I'll wait until I've driven an R with the Milltek, then knowing me I'm bound to go off to Star Performance to get one fitted !!! yelrotflmao.gif

understand what you mean about the Milltek loudness - in the first 200 miles it was way too boomy and I almost regretted having it done.

Then after 300 miles (and a good ragging as the car now has 6.5k on the clock) it quietened down hugely and keeps getting smoother.

I think BrakeSnake has done around 4k miles with it fitted and is also very positive.

certainly worth considering - it gives the whole car a much meatier feel and has completely changed the way it drives for the better. 169144-ok.gif