How to improve your cars performance...

stevie_d

I haven't seen this posted anywhere on here, so thought I'd stick it up. I've already been in a indepth discussion as to the fact that technically he has increased the weight of his car (not mass, that's constant) by folding his seats down and has moved the CoG down but even further forward. Ah, well, enjoy and discuss.

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=714

Ok maybe he has changed the centre of gravity ever so slightly (ever ever ever so slightly) but surly the weight stays the same. He has literally just folded the seats flat not removed any parts. This reminds me of the question what weighs more a kilo of feathers or a kilo of lead...

[ QUOTE ]

Ok maybe he has changed the centre of gravity ever so slightly (ever ever ever so slightly) but surly the weight stays the same. He has literally just folded the seats flat not removed any parts. This reminds me of the question what weighs more a kilo of feathers or a kilo of lead...

[/ QUOTE ]

Weight will be increased, because weight is inversely proportional to distance from centre of earth. So you will tehcnically weigh less at the top of a mountain than at the bottom. This difference in the case explained is likely to be so minimal that it's completely irrelevant, other than as a tool to further mock the owner. The mass of course will remain unchanged.

A lad on another forum said he probably feels that it goes faster due to the lack of sound deadening in the boot will make his car sound louder and therefore, in the mind of a fool, be quicker.

[ QUOTE ]

This reminds me of the question what weighs more a kilo of feathers or a kilo of lead...

[/ QUOTE ]

[anorak on]

Actually the question is "what weighs more, a pound of gold or a pound of feathers?"

To which the answer is "a pound of feathers"

Because feathers and gold are weighed using two different weighing systems. Feathers and most substances are weighed by the avoirdupois unit and gold (as well as other precious metals and gems) is weighed using Troy units.

A troy pound is 373.24 g, and an avoirdupois pound is 453.59 g.

[/anorak off]

[insert yawn]

[ QUOTE ]

FFS Mate ur babbling on about a 1.2 corsa sxi here as if its some sort of track weapon ,my sister used to have 1 a theese and tbf it didnt have enof power to pull a jews foreskin back ,of course she didnt drive around with the back seats folded down and the tyres over inflated for that extra BHP need to check halfords next time im in aswell for that aerodynamic polish (is this part of the MEGS range

[/ QUOTE ]

Bahahahaha

Yikes, reading some of that forum...What is it with people and their inability to speak English and spell words properly? How on earth do these people get jobs?? I can see their CV:

Name - Gary

DOB - Eh?

Skills - Av drivun enof (that's not even phonetic!) cars to no all about them and vans to.

And on and on.