Two days to go.....

Durrsaku

Well just wanted to let you know that on Friday i will be taking the longest trip i have driven to date. ECLIPSe.gif

I will be driving down to home city of Durres/Albania covering over 2500km one way on 28hr long trip.(thats what my route planner is telling me). laugh.gif

Here is a map of the route i am plannig to take, leaving Swindon at 4.30 am taking a ferry to Calais from Dover at 8.15 am.

First stint will be Swindon-Dover-Calais then through Belgium-Luxemburg-Germany-Austria-Slovenia(Ljubljana) where will rest for the night.

Second stint will be Ljubljana-Croatia-Bosnia-Montenegro-Albania-Durres, this will be the most challenging drive as only a small part of it is motorway.

I have driven to France and Belgium before but not the rest of the countries so any driving tips will be appreciated.

823019-map%28Large%29.JPG

post-5981-137914360001_thumb.jpg

I'm a BIG fan of road trips, but that one is a road trip and a half, not because of the distance, but because of the countries you're driving through.

I've driven extensively in France, Belgium, Luxemburg, Switzerland and a little in Austria, but haven't ventured into any of the other countries.

Respect. Make sure you post plenty of pictures notworthy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Well just wanted to let you know that on Friday i will be taking the longest trip i have driven to date. ECLIPSe.gif

I will be driving down to home city of Durres/Albania covering over 2500km one way on 28hr long trip.(thats what my route planner is telling me). laugh.gif

Here is a map of the route i am plannig to take, leaving Swindon at 4.30 am taking a ferry to Calais from Dover at 8.15 am.

First stint will be Swindon-Dover-Calais then through Belgium-Luxemburg-Germany-Austria-Slovenia(Ljubljana) where will rest for the night.

Second stint will be Ljubljana-Croatia-Bosnia-Montenegro-Albania-Durres, this will be the most challenging drive as only a small part of it is motorway.

I have driven to France and Belgium before but not the rest of the countries so any driving tips will be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

As you cross the borders between Belgium-Luxemburg-Germany-Austria, DO NOT SPEED under any circumstances.

There are alot of people who commute between these countries for work. And on a Friday night/Saturday morning the police tend to sit near the borders waiting to catch them speeding (as many do in a hurry to get home).

If your caught they'll take your passport and anything else as security and send you off to find a cash point (unless your "lucky" and they have the ability to process payments). There are certain points near the border of Germany and Belgium where every cash point is emptied on a Friday. One colleague had to drive 30 miles to find one with money.

Genti, wish I knew you were going, you could have taken a parcel I got here for my sis who lives in Kos. Everytime I send a parcel via Parcel Force, it gets sent back here after about 5 months or so undelivered. Ahhh well I know next time 169144-ok.gif