Camera to focus on driver's face

Sparky

We've had them for about a year I think. Not all sites have them though. Southend has one as you drive in on the A127 and the one on the news is the other side of Billericay from me.

Truvelo cameras face towards the driver anyway so its a case of Essex trying to play catch up.

They only seem to be fitted at 30 and 40mph sites near crossings and schools I think so if you're speeding in this areas you deserve to be caught 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

"The cameras have proved successful in some cases, but we shall wait until the end of this financial year before producing results and deciding how successful the trials have been," a spokeswoman for the Essex speed camera partnership said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting to see that the financial year is considered relevant to a safety camera trial sekret.gif

In long-term roadworks they do erect full specs systems on dedicated poles. I've seen these on the M1 around J21 (they have since been removed), and on the M11, J8-J9.

I saw the posts being installed on the M25 last time I was round that way - I expect to see the cameras tomorrow evening. The last works in that area had 'permanent' gatso installations.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

"The cameras have proved successful in some cases, but we shall wait until the end of this financial year before producing results and deciding how successful the trials have been," a spokeswoman for the Essex speed camera partnership said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting to see that the financial year is considered relevant to a safety camera trial sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....Well spotted. It kinda shows their true colours.

[ QUOTE ]

Hammond drove a Micra with a paperbag on his head on Top Gear, and therefore I shall be doing the same if these camera's shall appear by me... 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder how long until new legislation comes in that makes it illegal to wear a hat or head coverings of any kind while driving?

[ QUOTE ]

I wonder how long until new legislation comes in that makes it illegal to wear a hat or head coverings of any kind while driving?

[/ QUOTE ]

How big a pair of sunglasses can I get? Surely they won't be able to outlaw the use of glasses!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How big a pair of sunglasses can I get? Surely they won't be able to outlaw the use of glasses!

[/ QUOTE ]

....I wear prescription Bolle glasses, one pair with dark amber lenses (for night and grey days) and the other pair with mirrored lenses. I also wear a baseball cap which both shields light from the lenses and consequently improves vision and also which works far better than any car's sun visor. If the 'Big Brother' doesn't like that, he can F U C K O F F !!!! openfire.gif

[ QUOTE ]

... I also wear a baseball cap ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever since discussions over the use of foglights, I've suspected that you must be a chav! This just confirms it! FIREdevil.gif

Actually, to be fair, I do use a baseball cap when the roof's down in the MR2. ECLIPSe.gif

shocked.gif a little off topic but has anyone else seen the 'mini' GATSO's popping up recently? They photograph the rear and use the same lines as the normal GATSO's but are much smaller boxes on much higher poles - I believe this is to help prevent vandalism? sportifs2.gif

[ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif a little off topic but has anyone else seen the 'mini' GATSO's popping up recently? They photograph the rear and use the same lines as the normal GATSO's but are much smaller boxes on much higher poles - I believe this is to help prevent vandalism? sportifs2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I have seen loads of them, there are quite a few around my area frown.gif

I am sure they will find a way to get them! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

These aren't the normal cameras though, from what I read.

These ones will ensure your face is well in focus, not just by chance as it has been up until now.

crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They look very similar to a normal Gatso's but aren't painted yellow. They're placed about 20m in front of the existing Gatso so get zapped front and rear at the same time. Trust the Essex scamera crew to be the test area for them. The one on Southend road near where I live was the original test unit - a little girl was killed on the crossing there a couple of years back, although the camera site is a little way back from this crossing.

I've noticed that Essex police are now using scamera vans with rear facing cameras and the video type units with LTI 20:20 lazer units attached.

Although these can be scrambled by the use of a garage door opener - apparently sekret.gif