Take care out there, people :(

sayerbloke

Know how you feel, a friend at primary school was knocked off his (pedal) bike and killed by a van driver who didn't notice him a couple weeks back, ok I hadn't spoken to him in maybe 10 years but its still a terrible waste of a life, he was a good guy frown.gif

Certainly is the problem with 2 wheels! you just get the excuse "Sorry I didn't see you frown.gif"

It is a terrible waste of a life and often a good life!!

As rhyds "concentrate on the good time"

Relative of my parents neibours was killed the other year on his bike, hit them all badly, it is often not only the death that is bad, but also the suffering that accompanies it from those who miss the loved one / friend!!

Not for these reasons but many others I have just sold my bike but will go back to it definately in the not too distant future, but it is an eye opener for sure! you get to see how badly some people drive frown.gif

But there is nothing quite like it smile.gif

At 16 and in the 5th year at Comp (b4 going on to college) in a class of 29 there were 14 boys.

On the 14, 11 of us had mopeds (FSIE's, TS50's, Tiger cubs etc)

By the age of 20

4 had been killed riding

2 had lost limbs

5 (including me) had major trauma accidents such as multiple limb fractures.

Bad luck or a simple showing of how vunerable bikers are?

[ QUOTE ]

At 16 and in the 5th year at Comp (b4 going on to college) in a class of 29 there were 14 boys.

On the 14, 11 of us had mopeds (FSIE's, TS50's, Tiger cubs etc)

By the age of 20

4 had been killed riding

2 had lost limbs

5 (including me) had major trauma accidents such as multiple limb fractures.

Bad luck or a simple showing of how vunerable bikers are?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are alot at college, too.

I wouldn't ride a bike, I don't have a problem with those that do, but my way of thinking is that you cant get knocked off a car.

I allways had bikes up untill last year, but know i'm more into cars.

One of my good mates was killed on his bike. Sat in traffic when a wagon collided with him and shunted him into a bus stop. Very Very sad and he had not been married long either.

There are some lunatics out there on bikes taken bad risks but he wasn't one of them.