Discount on new R32

w1how

10% discount is very good, if a little worrying for residuals in the comming months and years..

What happened to the story of not being able to get enough of them ??? must be a sales dung.gif me thinks..

Doesn't look like the R will hold its value as much as the GTI.

Thanks for the comments.The car has to be registered and paid for by the end of the month so I suspect dealer bonuses played a part in the discount and also the fact that it has no centre arm rest(doesnt bother us).The car is an R32 5 door in Black Pearl with black leather(not recaro),manual,parking sensors.We are the first owners on the log book and it has covered about 80 miles(we test drove it twice and put on around 50 of those)

i'm utterly amazed of such a discount....sure your not telling tales but find it very hard to believe....if its over 3 months old then the dealer may have passed on the tax they claimed back to you....either that or you have friends in the appropriate places.....all good stuff though...

That was pretty good going mate to get a discount like that. Sure you've not been sold a Citroen with a R32 badge :-)

Did get a discount on mine when I ordered before XMAS but I blew in all on a Happy meal at McDonalds but had to put the exta to it to "Go large" and get a McFlurry.

[ QUOTE ]

You can get the armrest afterfitted if you really want it - there are threads on TSN

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes the dealer said the armrest could be retrofitted for around £750(sounds dear-maybe hes trying to get some of his discount back)The car will be used mostly by my missus and she is not bothered about it.She is gutted to be selling her audi tt but we have a baby on the way and need a more practial car.Having mentioned that though the boot on the r32 is smaller than the normal golfs so we stopped at a pushchair shop on the test drive to make sure a pram could go in!

I guess as the MY07 models are due soon he wanted rid.

I don't know if its a bonus thing as i don't think this month is the end of that quarter.

I know 6-7% is norm for the GTIs now so i expect as more and more R32s come through they too will be discounted at a similar level.

Anyone know the VW dealer margins nowadays as each part of VAG is different?

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone know the VW dealer margins nowadays as each part of VAG is different?

[/ QUOTE ]

Think it depends of a heap of things.

Model, demand, number shifted, promotional dealer bonus, prime dealer status.

On a GTi I would expect 10-12% as dealer margin net of PDi cost.

Since the GTi has been out a while and the peak has flattened VW UK will reward high turn over dealers with bonus and incentives.

What I am certain of is that VW UK do not like mad inconsistent dealer pricing, they like dealers to stand for the brand image and that image doesn't include "10% off" a premium demand car like a new, no waiting time R32.

You must have been lucky 169144-ok.gif