DIS When you fill up

hoju99

Robin's Black Pimples.. Hmmm Coloured or Black  

1. 1. Robin's Black Pimples.. Hmmm Coloured or Black

• Paint em matey
    • Leave em alone

Strange that SparkyUK. I get 340 on DIS and then get about 290 really.... even when I'm running on air.

Someone said it looked at how you drove in the last 30miles but I think it tallies it up every mile really. Have a sedate drive and the reading could be 300 and then stick the foot down for a couple of miles and it's gone to 280 or even 270. smirk.gif

Maybe I panic as it starts to empty, so it balances out?

It cut out on me once the instant it got to "0 Miles" when it used to go a little longer, so cautious now!

Not sure really, but it says 645 when I fill up, but quite often get 650/680 out of it.

Never less than DIS says unless I change characteristics, such as ferry a lot of people about after filling up.

Weight has a bit to do with it I know and I can never stop thinking that the rear parcel blind (on the Avant) could be lighter. I know it's good quality but...... Also I think it was either Bose or Sat Nav weighs the same as the spare wheel!!! shocked.gif

Mine (S4) usually says 340 miles to go after a fill up, but I've only achieved over 300 miles once since getting it. Usually it's between 260 and 280 miles per tank. You just can't drive a car like that sedately! ECLIPSe.gif

The 80 doesn't need DIS as it routinely returns around 670 miles per tank no matter how I drive it. ROLLEY~14.GIF Danksy's record of 715 miles is proving hard to match! SAUER0421.GIF

I feel a 'Project Remove Back Seats and Spare Wheel' coming on...sekret.gif

I know, at the moment I only have the A4 and the quattro badge on the back. I should really put on an S4 badge.

I was at the Chinese last night and a guy was driving past in a Grey BMW 5 series and I could tell what he was saying. "that's a nice one". Made me chuckle. Also loads of people drove past and then turned to see what it said on the back.....

cool.gif

I've got the poor man's S4 Avant! 169144-ok.gif

Back on topic, the DIS normally says 400 odd miles. I've nearly got that but not quite. IIRC it was 330 odd - a mixture of fast motorway and a bit of town work. It works out to about 30 mpg. I'm sure if I took it steady on the motorway (sub 80) I could get 450 miles to a tank.

Don't forget the Quattros have a smaller tank and use more juice.

BUB ECLIPSe.gif

If I got an S4 I think I would wrap myself round a tree. And when I got stopped for speeding in France a few weeks ago I think I should be looking at a second hand Range Rover!!! But then I would need to buy the Green wellies and Barbour, and shot gun, and one of those checked caps, and +4's and and and.....

169144-ok.gif