• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

Truly truly frightening in the wet.

An amazing experience but until you have driven it you can't give it enough respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does everyone take it steady in bad weather, or are some still tearing round on the limit? blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Truly truly frightening in the wet.

An amazing experience but until you have driven it you can't give it enough respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does everyone take it steady in bad weather, or are some still tearing round on the limit? blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The amount of cars that were crashing when we went in April was unbelievable. A lot of people don't understand just how dangerous it is in the wet. Especially with cold tyres on standing water. Certainly makes you a better driver if you survive it.

[ QUOTE ]

Competition time :

How many cars can you name in this picture?

I'll start you off with some boring ones wink.gif

Porsche Carrera GT

Porsche 911 GT3 (cool plate)

BMW M3 CSL (cool plate)

Lambo Diablo

Lambo Gallardo

Audi S4 cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mini cooper

Toyota mr2

Transit van tongue.gif

169144-ok.gif

It's even less fun when it's foggy frown.gif

But I just treated it like a fast country road, I think most people get in trouble when they try and beat their mates lap times or show off. It's certainly not the place to be acting a pillock!

Are you going back?

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah will definately return, hopefully in better weather!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet, hope to see you there 169144-ok.gif

Any news on the carpark situation? Apparently they're thinking of moving it across the road, so you'd turn away from the track at the little roundabout, rather than towards it. This is supposed to stop people queueing all around the carpark, it's a bloody nightmare in summer!

[ QUOTE ]

It might sound a silly question but is the ring classed as a track or a road? I have heard its a road but think that bollocks. Im only asking as i cant get insured for track work, but maybe the ring would be different?

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif Afraid not, it is classed as a road legally - all the 'ring info you could ever need here 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

It might sound a silly question but is the ring classed as a track or a road? I have heard its a road but think that bollocks. Im only asking as i cant get insured for track work, but maybe the ring would be different?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Nurburgring is legally defined as a one-way destricted (in some areas) toll road. Simple as that! All the usual German road laws apply, i.e. if you overtake to the rhs then get ready for some truncheon avec baby oil action. wink.gif

Most insurers say that you're not covered round there, but afaik it's very hard for them to deny a claim, as it's just a toll road at the end of the day. I was speaking to a lad who wrote off an Evo there. He managed to claim for both the car and the damage to the track, however his insurers "requested" that he look else where for quotes when renewals can round!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Nurburgring is legally defined as a one-way destricted (in some areas) toll road. Simple as that! All the usual German road laws apply, i.e. if you overtake to the rhs then get ready for some truncheon avec baby oil action. wink.gif

Most insurers say that you're not covered round there, but afaik it's very hard for them to deny a claim, as it's just a toll road at the end of the day. I was speaking to a lad who wrote off an Evo there. He managed to claim for both the car and the damage to the track, however his insurers "requested" that he look else where for quotes when renewals can round!

[/ QUOTE ]

A chap we met there in April successfully got the insurance to stump up, so I believe. Certainly hope I don't ever have to find out! Is anyone else going to be there 19th-22nd of August this year?

[ QUOTE ]

A chap we met there in April successfully got the insurance to stump up, so I believe. Certainly hope I don't ever have to find out! Is anyone else going to be there 19th-22nd of August this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly, I'll have to see how the finances hold up sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah some cars that I would never dream of taking out in the wet (996 GT3 RS etc) going for it. Some bikers too!

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif looks 'wet' EEK2.GIF any more pics matey ? will have to do it myself one day 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah lots of pics just not had chance to upload them yet.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Competition time :

How many cars can you name in this picture?

I'll start you off with some boring ones wink.gif

Porsche Carrera GT

Porsche 911 GT3 (cool plate)

BMW M3 CSL (cool plate)

Lambo Diablo

Lambo Gallardo

Audi S4 cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mini cooper

Toyota mr2

Transit van tongue.gif

169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I see the RS6 169144-ok.gif But the angle's wrong so I can't see THE Cooper wink.gif

It was great meeting up with y'all (again, for some) and if anyone comes back down before July, let me know ECLIPSe.gif

jump.gifbeerchug.gif