RS4 Cab

rjgreen4

That's a tough one. The B5 RS4 has seemed to hold its premium over the S4.

2001 'B5' S4 Avant list £37,552....... now after 60k c £14,000

2001 'B5' RS4 Avant list £46,500....... now after 60k c £24,000

Looking back a further generation, similar is true with the S2 and RS2.

Would expect the RS4 Cab to maintain a hefty premium over the S4 Cab. However, as Daz has previously pointed out, this depends entirely on how many are officially sold in the UK and how many are imported. Audi are selling 80 this summer, but I recall Daz saying more might come over in 2007. However, if the number of rhd's stays at 80, they will remain incredibly sought after machines indeed.

Whilst you could argue the RS4 will therefore pay for itself over the S4 which depreciates heavily from new, there is the matter of the extra 15k to find!

Ian

<font color="#666666">B5 S4 RS4 comparison originally posted here</font>

My dad sold a CLK55 8 months after he bought it with only 1.5k miles for 15k under list!!! There is little market for these 4 seater cabs, hence why Audi are making so little of them, so I feel it will be a big dropper. Most people getting the car will want the smaller engine as it looks and acts like a cruiser rather than a racer.

[ QUOTE ]

Strange, everyone I've spoken to about it expects the opposite due to the limited numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]I would have definatly said that prices would retain their values due to the limited numbers also.

Riz 169144-ok.gif