G-tech Performance Meter

jonlarge

Just got my self the Competition version of this:

G-tech Pro

Just wondered whether anyone here used one and what sort of results they get with their R (unmodified if poss)?

For example it tells me my 30mph to zero braking distance is around 33 feet (The Highway Code's 30mph distance is 75 feet)! New to all this and that seems an unbelievable result.

You need to spend a long (and I mean long!) time setting up a GTech to get it to give accurate results. 33 feet sounds about right - remember that the highway code is a guide!

I never ran the GTech on my R32 before it was modified, but what kind of info are you looking for?

[ QUOTE ]

It runs on the electrical pulses going through the wiring loom to get the RPM. Most everything else works on a centrifuge in the middle of the unit, to figure out acceleration, speed etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know every thing you bowdown.gifbowdown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

It runs on the electrical pulses going through the wiring loom to get the RPM. Most everything else works on a centrifuge in the middle of the unit, to figure out acceleration, speed etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know every thing you bowdown.gifbowdown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not bad is he eh ! notworthy.gif

Should I post some graphs? The HP and torque ones don't mean a thing to me!

The set-up involved entering the weight of the car in kg. Here's how I got to a number:

1477kg kerb weight - I got this from the VW manual (which includes a 90% full fuel tank)

My weight - 82.5kg

1 kg for the sat-nav (as I guess this isn;t included in the kerb weight)

I also added 4.61kg to cover the remaining 10% of fuel (I used Optimax with a density of 743kg/m3) as I was running with a full tank.

Is there anything I forgot?

As you can see I did try and take this seriously! I suppose ultimately I should take the car to a public weighbridge to get her weighed?!

The remainder of the set up involves plugging the device into the cigarette lighter then revving the engine, in neutral, to 4000 rpm (pressing OK), then to 2000rpm (and pressing OK). The unit then calibrates itself.

Finally, you roll forward for a couple of feet then stop and the unit 'levels' itself.