Ipod options

If money was not an issue, would you buy a Sagaris?  

1. 1. If money was not an issue, would you buy a Sagaris?

• Yes
    • No

If poss could you guys explain to me if i have a cd player in my car how I could connect up an ipod...I assume the Ipod is the way to go for storage etc......can you have tom tom and speed camera detection on it too.......any info re this would be great...I am an Ipod virgin when it comes to in car stuff

Cheers Guys/Gals 169144-ok.gif

I went for the audi ipod link in glove box (fitted by me in about 30mins), micro roadpilot hardwired in positioned to right of steering wheel by pillar and (yes i went mad) sat nav recharged at home and positioned on windscreen somewhere!!

[ QUOTE ]

I went for the audi ipod link in glove box (fitted by me in about 30mins), micro roadpilot hardwired in positioned to right of steering wheel by pillar and (yes i went mad) sat nav recharged at home and positioned on windscreen somewhere!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be interested on any details on the Audi ipod connector. The stealers told me it wasn't available for the B6 but an option for the B7. Is that right?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be interested on any details on the Audi ipod connector. The stealers told me it wasn't available for the B6 but an option for the B7. Is that right?

[/ QUOTE ]

For more details on the Audi iPod adaptor click here

If you want one let me know because I can get you them at a good price 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For more details on the Audi iPod adaptor click here

If you want one let me know because I can get you them at a good price 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Informative thread smile.gif

I would be interested but as in the linked thread, I don't want to lose the 6CD changer.

Do you know where I can get it fitted? Stealers?? - not much good unfortunately with DIY jobs blush.gif

Take the CD Changer out and flog it on ebay. You will get around £200 for it. I have the IPOD kit fitted in mine and I never, ever, ever think oh I wish I had more choice of music and would like to listen to a CD?

I've got an Audi Ipod lead fitted to my B6.

I bought it from the stealers and fitted it myself.

It looks a little daunting at first, but it is actually quite straightforward. Took me about 30 mins. You need to drop the glovebox down (5 screws) and then either insert the wires into the block at the back of the radio or just simply plug the lead in (you get two leads depending on which radio you have.)

It does charge the Ipod, and you can only control it via the radio (Click wheel is disabled once plugged in)

Price is basically £85 + VAT (£100) and I believe the stealer would charge you about 1 hours labour if they were going to fit it (so another £100 on top).

I got mine from NelsonA4Sline for about £80 somthing quid delivered. I also fitted mine and it was not too bad, but when you open the box you have leads for all occasions! I doubt the dealer will care if you have ordered it from them or not, one way to find out, call them.

In the S4 I have an RNS-E with 2 2gig SD cards which works a treat and has the 6cd in the glovebox also.

In the A4, I have the Sony Xplod 6 cd changer in the boot which plays MP3 cd's via a connects 2 interface..

I also have a Dension Ipod interface but dont use it anymore since it was fitted in the A4 which my wife drives mostly... It worked fine but a fiddly when you have a lot of music on the ipod.