Just got insured on the 430...

Woppum

Well we were late and got there 5 minutes before closing. They kindly took us around the car, sat in it and fired it up but there was sadly no test drive. However I have booked one for the two of us next week.

Ok looks. This car was grey with blk interior and silver wheels. In that form it looks dead boring to me. A lambo is a lambo and half its character is in the paintwork. Stand that next to our 430 and the Fezza looked leaps better. However in a special pearlescent white with titanium wheels I think this car could look spot on, certainly better looking than the 430.

The noise. Well a bit of a disappointment really. It sounded rubbish compared to the 430. Really clunky with a more two dimensional note that just crests in to a more high pitch version of later up the rev range. The 430 has so much depth and different levels within each gear. Its like an orchestra or god singing. Ferrari got their noise spot on. They said there are a few aftermarket pipes available they could stick on, but it will never sound quite the same.

The interior. Well the Lambo wins this hands down. It feels Audi, more mass produced and less handcrafted. But there is no problem with that. Ergonomics, electrics, seats and space wee spot on. In fact the car was very very comfortable, far more so than the 430.

Ok I wont be driving it till next week, but those are my first impressions. However i do have expectations of how it will compare:

It wont be as fun. Not as light on its feet or eager to please. It wont have the same level of poise and accuracy. It wont shake and skate as much, vibrate around you. However it will be more of a car. More usable everyday and probably in reality, just as fast down the same roads, just you wont be having as much fun doing it.

I may be wrong however, but i doubt it. The way I look at it. The 430 is the CSL, the Gallardo is the RS4. Both very good at what they do and similar in many ways, but have a different purpose.

I think Mum will prefer the Lambo. It will be more reliable, more usable, better looking, more comfortable and you wont have the most pompous up their own arse dealer network to kuffuful with every time the car wont start or a window wont open. Its probably the sensible choice. But await the test drive 169144-ok.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

God you would think they would have taken you out in it. Cant belive they said no as it was closing time.

I think quite a few are in that grey colour not sure why not great on the Lambo they used it on the launch car I think too.

IMO

Looks : In the right colour the Lambo wins

Drive : Ferrari

Steering : Ferrari

Day to Day : Lambo

Noise : Ferrari all day long

Boot : Ferrari

Build feels like Audi but for £140+ I dont want it to feel like that I want special like the Ferrari

If you want a car to make you feel speical, great noise,give you so much feed back with the steering and through the seat feel like a F1 driver you got to get the Ferrari its the TOY you will always love jumping into the Ferrari for a blast.

The lambo well is the same but just not as good as the Ferrari its easy to drive, noise not as good , boot small , and well its so Audi and I like Audis but I dont want my £140+ car to feel like that

I would say the Lambo is a BMW M3 great car good noise fast handles well looks great

BUT the Ferrari is the CSL just does everything that bit better bowdown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

God you would think they would have taken you out in it. Cant belive they said no as it was closing time.

I think quite a few are in that grey colour not sure why not great on the Lambo they used it on the launch car I think too.

IMO

Looks : In the right colour the Lambo wins

Drive : Ferrari

Steering : Ferrari

Day to Day : Lambo

Noise : Ferrari all day long

Boot : Ferrari

Build feels like Audi but for £140+ I dont want it to feel like that I want special like the Ferrari

If you want a car to make you feel speical, great noise,give you so much feed back with the steering and through the seat feel like a F1 driver you got to get the Ferrari its the TOY you will always love jumping into the Ferrari for a blast.

The lambo well is the same but just not as good as the Ferrari its easy to drive, noise not as good , boot small , and well its so Audi and I like Audis but I dont want my £140+ car to feel like that

I would say the Lambo is a BMW M3 great car good noise fast handles well looks great

BUT the Ferrari is the CSL just does everything that bit better bowdown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good sum up mate and is pretty much what I was thinking... 169144-ok.gif

I think the Ferrari is a 55 reg and the 65 is a 54? beerchug.gif

Thanks Woppum

Dad mailed me back today likes the sound of the SL but just not for him will ask Mum if she wants it for Spain. I will let you know. His 430 comes in Jan 07 so he is just going to wait but thanks anyway. 169144-ok.gif

Now I have some thing for you we are selling the 997 turbo Black with Black just got in July it is a short shift manual with lots of toys you know you want it . ECLIPSe.gif

I think actually she has gone slightly bonkers anyway. Dad is now trying to persuade her to keep the Sl to run alongside the GTC and 430! The thing is the SL will have lost so much money its almost worth just keeping it. It really is a very specail car that looks perfectly normal but with a blip of throttle can leave a Mercilargo for dead. She would miss it...

With the 430 again she isnt fully deided yet. She went for a drive on Sunday and is now in love again (I warned you she is a women and can be very indicisive). However I think she knows the lambo will be a better car for her, and certainly looks more special so we shall see.

I will give a full back to back of the 2 probably Sunday. 169144-ok.gif

Thanks for the offer to put me in touch with some companies that might buy it but if it dose not go private we will prob px it against the 430 .

And God how many soft tops do you need.

IMO in order what I would keep for me Ferrari every time second Lambo then the GTC last the SL. Px the SL for the Lambo.

We have the same prob

M5 DMS

997 turbo

360 CS

Lambo Gallardo DADs TOYS

Range Rover (Mum)

Cooper S (Mum)

Just sold New Boxster and CSL me and my wee bros cars

With the 430 coming in Jan who goes you decide BB is watching. I think it must be the 997 good choice Dad. I will miss it but I can see why ,as the 360 CS is just out of this world nothing like it, the M5 is about a quick as the 997 and dose everything just as good if not better and low profile everyone needs a lambo in there life so thats it you are the weekest link GOOD BYE 997 turbo and that is just how it went for the AM V8 just found its self with the big boys last every time. Even the CSL could give it a spanking hahahaha lol.gif

Well ive got to say although the GTC in her colour way will look spot on, it wont be perticularly fast or exciting to drive. For example the SL will be over 4 seconds faster to 100. But it will be more comfortable, have more seats and be more usable everyday. But i would easilly choose the SL.

And she likes soft tops. Thats the selling point fo her hence why no SLR, 599 or Mercilargo. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

AM V8 gone but not forgotten

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have wink.gif Didnt float my boat at all. Had a look around one at Hudsons last week, its great looking and fantastic dials but for the price slow as hell. I passed one at speed on the motorway a few weeks ago. Made it look breathless for such a pricey car!

Hi Woppum

Got someone that is up for your SL 65 but I need all the full details I have

Colour = Designo Black with Black Lther

Cyclops

£165 LIST

For sale £90

Reg 54

I need

I take it it is 1 owner

FSH

Miles

Full date of reg