Strange A/C problem....

DukeDesmo

My A3 has developed a strange Air Con problem; basically no air is coming out of the vents, regardless of settings, temp etc the fan is blowing but nothing coming into the car.

The strange thing though is that it only does it when the engine's running - if I stop the engine and switch on the ignition without starting up then air vents in just fine through any or all vents, just goes to pot when the engine's running, which is a bit of a sh1tter given the outside temp and the fact that my local dealer can't fit me in before 2 August.

Any ideas?......

beerchug.gif

This must make the car virtually undriveable in this weather! Even with the windows open, the console must be like facing a furnace! It's shocking that Audi won't do anything for a week. In fact it's a health hazard. Tell them you have young kids etc, insist they look at it asap. Threaten them with the media etc!

Update on the problem; Went to Audi dealer today and they diagnosed a faulty 'flap motor thingy' (tech-speak) with 'sporadic' fault, of course they've not got the part so I have to go back next week and sit around for hours while they fix it but, strangely it started working on the way to the dealership (now it's not hot anymore ROLLEY~14.GIF ), so for now at least, I have A/C and it now only does the no-blow thing on recirc which is not a real problem but obviously it's likely to return so needs sorting.

But why, oh why is it that Audi dealers (my local one anyway) never have the part in stock?, even (as has happened to me before) when they are advised by Audi breakdown guy which part they need in advance? and why do they not give courtesy cars for warranty work??

In my experience BMW, Ford and Renault all supply a replacement car when repairs are done under warranty, why not Audi, seeing as they are a 'prestige' brand? especially when I have had so many niggling electrical problems with this car? frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I've ALWAYS had a courtesy car for warranty work from both Southampton Audi and Camberley Audi.

Go shout at your dealer... and if he won't listen, at Audi UK.

[/ QUOTE ]

So it's not an Audi policy just a dealer one? I've tried it on with the dealer and got no joy, maybe I'm using the wrong dealer! might try Audi UK though......

I too have always had a courtesy car. One Saturday, I was sitting there (one of my many visits) when the service guy was telling a punter that they had no cars for two weeks. When it was my turn, he said no problem you can have one Monday. I said hold on, you told that guy you did not. He grinned and said that they have different policies, depending on what work is being done, for me, I have an Audi TT Quattro. Another time a A6, for a week! Change your garage. And yes my garage also never has any parts!!!

No parts? Yes they phoned me today apparently there is not ONE of the required parts in the country!! and so it is on back order from Germany, rebooked for next tuesday (15th Aug)......

How can Audi, that sells thousands of 'prestige' cars not have a spare part - not one - in the country???

Customer service?? dung.gif more like........ frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

How can Audi, that sells thousands of 'prestige' cars not have a spare part - not one - in the country???

[/ QUOTE ]

Because there has been a delay at the VAG Parts warehouse in replenishing thousands of fast running parts lines. Which means everything which means even everything from Roof Bars to Turbo's have been on Back Order. Thankfully the parts are now coming through thick-and-fast so I'll imagine at the time you posted your part will be in stock by the middle of next week.

[ QUOTE ]

so I'll imagine at the time you posted your part will be in stock by the middle of next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Latest update is they still don't have the freakin' part smashfreakB.gif

They've rebooked me for next Tuesday, this time with a car for the day, wonder if it'll get done this time?

Just my luck, the hottest month on record and my A/C's gone for a sh1t....... frown.gif