R32 test drive.

billy2shots

After yesterdays test drive was canceled i managed to get a go in my local dealers directors car, a silver 5 door dsg car.

Already driven a manuel version but this is the first DSG one i have been in. I wont bore you with the details of the drive but i will share what i found funny.

Sat in the dealership negotiating for over an hour and this is the best i got: £15,500 p/x for my 1 year old 9000 mile Mkv Golf GTI confused.gif which i told them to forget. So the best they would do for cash was cruise and armrest for free. I told them they have my details and to phone me if they can give me a better offer. Now where is my nearest M3 csl jump.gif

Red if i go ahead i will sell the GTI privately should get 18k looking at other cars with same spec, miles etc.

Woppum i have had a good sit in one and a fiddle about but i am 24 and was wearing old jeans etc and dont think the sales guy was too keen. Just wanted to see if i could live with no creature comforts (apart from air con). I suppose the only way i will ever know is by driving one. I keep looking on Auto-trader etc and want one but then my Dad talks me out of it. (sensible git).

Well it comes with airbags, traction control, xeons (best I have ever used par the bach!), and you can stick in a nav (like I am doing). The only thing to consider is whether you think the seats are comfy. Apart from that it has the same service intervals as a normal M3 and an extended warranty can be bought...

There are a few about at good prices (also negotiable wink.gif) on www.pistonheads.com... Go test drive one.. Im getting lonely being the only one frown.gif With the R32 I was with the in crowd.. IF you wont do it for you (which you will after a drive).. do it for me 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Well it comes with airbags, traction control, xeons (best I have ever used par the bach!), and you can stick in a nav (like I am doing). The only thing to consider is whether you think the seats are comfy. Apart from that it has the same service intervals as a normal M3 and an extended warranty can be bought...

There are a few about at good prices (also negotiable wink.gif) on www.pistonheads.com... Go test drive one.. Im getting lonely being the only one frown.gif With the R32 I was with the in crowd.. IF you wont do it for you (which you will after a drive).. do it for me 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO i thought the manuel suited the car a little better than the dsg. The only car with dsg prior to the R i have driven was an early dsg tdi so i have no experience to call upon other than gut feeling. Having said that i would still have dsg even if i didnt feel in total control (drive, sport, and paddles used).

Woopum the idea of being in a rare car sounds good, but honestly could the csl be used as a day to day car through mostly town use. (me) 169144-ok.gif

Well im going to be doing circa 15-20k in it a year... So ill let you know. Honestly ive been stuck in 3 hour traffic coming out of London, and cant say its much worse than the R. In fact the SMG option makes it that bit easier... You have to try it too see 169144-ok.gif