Tracker

Fergy

Tracker Monitor on mine - the mid range one i.e. automatically calls Tracker if moved without key but without the GPS module.

Few wouldnt insure mine without one when I first got it so the few quid has paid for itself over the last 5 years.

Think there are better on the market now (anyone?) but I went for the one I'd heard of and the dealership fitted it before delivery.

Privilege also ask for a tracker installation certificate as proof that one has been fitted to the car. Im not sure how much, as a percentage, the Tracker decreases the premium by but I am very pleased with the overall premium figure I managed to get from Privilege.

My other half also has her car insured with them and she was able to use some of my no claims bonus (8 years) towards getting a discount on her own policy with Privilege. I personally think the 'multi car' discount policy is a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...

My last 2 purchase Audi S4 / Porsche 911 both had tracker fitted by dealer at additional cost. I have used tracker monitor for a number of years but only because it is a insurance requirement from all insurers i've used. I'm not bothered if car is stolen would only miss my laptop, although I would prefer not to have the hassle. The only real thing you can do to protect your car is insure it.