Which Avant?

chiller

Hi all,Im going to buy an A4 Avant but am undecided between a 3.0 Quattro sport on a 53 plate or a 1.8t S-line Avant 190 on a 04 plate,both about 30k miles.Its to be the family hack and Im not bothered about fuel consumption differences and Im not sure if the Quattro is an issue either.Any thoughts,comments or experiences welcome.

I had a Revo'd 1.9tdi Quattro sport, and used to enjoy hanging the back end out on fast get aways in the dry, and wet EEK2.GIF

Quattro will make a huge difference to your driving experience in the wet 169144-ok.gif

My car could outperform more powerful cars in the wet on my favourite route Fossway, purely down to the fact it could just put down the power so well 169144-ok.gif

Just ask Paul_S3 or mittens etc. lol.gif

Having said that you will lose about 5-7mpg on fuel economy due to the extra weight and transmission losses that are inveitable.

I personally would have 1.8T over the 3.0L since it is much more tunable, and for a small outlay on a remap, you will have a car which will leave a 3.0 dead 169144-ok.gif

Having said that if you like a more relaxing, lazy drive, then the 3.0L is probably the way to go.

Not sure about the servicing costs etc. but would expect the 3.0 to cost more due to higher quantities of fluids being needed at servicing.

169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Hi all,Im going to buy an A4 Avant but am undecided between a 3.0 Quattro sport on a 53 plate or a 1.8t S-line Avant 190 on a 04 plate,both about 30k miles.Its to be the family hack and Im not bothered about fuel consumption differences and Im not sure if the Quattro is an issue either.Any thoughts,comments or experiences welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmmm, let me think - tuneless 4-pot or silky 6. Make mine the 3.0 thanks.