[Audi A3/S3] TOP SPEED

adamnb

Only just a member here been trying to get the picture of my car up but failing didnt realize attachment was there but i will leave it now, sorry

ummm thought british cars are restricted to 155.

My s3 has had a remap and had lots of revs left when it hit this speed, something must be breaking down, Maybe a coil? have to get it checked out i guess

book figure is 151mph on an S3

an indicated 155 is possible because of the big graduations and thick speedo needle and is open to interpretation.

I understand they are restricted to 151mph, but there would not be much more revs left to the limiter in 6th by then anyway.

you can tweak the limiter with the right software i believe, but its not straight forward.

[ QUOTE ]

i have clocked up 160 on my standard s3 and it done it with ease! cant wait to get it re-mapped an take it off the clock!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

My old chipped S3, 265BHP, struggled up to 140mph, gps speed, and their was not much left tbh. Clock was saying more so I'd be suprised if a standard S3 can "really" do 160.

My old chipped S3, 265BHP, struggled up to 140mph, gps speed, and their was not much left tbh. Clock was saying more so I'd be suprised if a standard S3 can "really" do 160.

i know that was not accurate but thats what the clock said,im going to get a proper reading off a gps system

• 2 weeks later...
Guest slittley

Don't forget that speedos over-read by 0 - 10%. So at an indicated 150, you could be in reality doing 136mph.

Best thing is to have a passenger in the car reading speed from a GPS unit.