match.com

ChadW

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am on match.com and recently have been doubting the authenticity of the women on there. Got winked at so sent an email back and .....nothing. Not the first time its happened on there either. Off to check out the sarah beeny site!! Such a pain having to meet people thru the internet. Oh, wait a minute, I'm not referring to anyone on TSN with that statement! I did have couple of succesful dates out of match but nothing meaningful and also had the bunny boiler/stalker action as well.

I did the match.com thing a few years back with mixed results. Yes, there are some genuine girls on there, but sadly, as with lots of things on the internet, people abuse it (cough cough) and i certainly questioned at times who I was speaking too and heard some horror stories from others.

Give it a crack though, it can be a laff, just vet them well before you take the plunge!! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

He eventually met his now wife in New York on business and she moved over last year to marry him!

[/ QUOTE ] Awwww fairy tales do exsist... maybe there is hope for me yet? confused.gif

Riz pengy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres no hope for you, ever, anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]Oh thanks.. tongue.gif

Riz pengy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Don't worry Chad. As I'm just down the road from you, If I see some mad woman chasing a Peugeot 406 screaming "I love you!" then I'll post the pics on TSN. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahem Peugeot (pininfarina styled and mostly put together by) 406 Coupe Thanks! blush.gifsmile.gif169144-ok.gif

Ok, I'll put my hand up and say I've used Internet dating sites.

I simply don't meet any single women through work, all my friends are in couples, and I'm not into pubs and nighth clubs, so where the hell does the modern thirtysomething meet people? And talking to women they often say much the same.

Plus, there's something good about being able to find out quite a bit of the basics about someone and decide whether it's worth contacting or not. Things like what someone looks like, whether they have kids, whether they smoke, whatever. You're not going to learn anything major, but you get the basics.

There are (of course) nutters out there, also some very needy people (men as well as women no doubt) who are simply desperate to meet someone, anyone, and it almost seems it doesn't matter who it is as anything is better than nothing. Very sad.

But, there are some nice, genuine women out there, just as there are (presumably) nice genuine men. I've met several really nice women through through it, had a few dates, one or two relationships, and made some good friends.

It's like all walks of life, you have to keep your wits about you a bit, but the same is probably true meeting someone in a pub or whatever.

I personally think Internet dating is losing it's "nerd" status and becoming socially acceptable. Well worth a try, nothing ventures nothing gained.

I think internet dating lost its 'nerd status' a long time ago Ari.

My best friend met a girl internet dating in October. They got married last Friday and have just gone to Italy for 2 months honeymoon.

They are a fantastic couple and I know they will be happy together.

If I was single, I would definitely give it a go.

Mmm contacted a fair few women but not many have been actively online recently, give it another week before I start smelling a rat.....

...call me cynical but I did get conned out of a 4 fig. sum by Friendz scam, which was on Watchdog too btw.

Been on match on and off for a while. Met some cool girls and some loopy nutter girls that should have been reported to trades descriptions for their profiles! Strangly the winks and emails tend to come in flurries - nothing for a couple of weeks then three or four all in one day??

It is what it is, a bit of fun!

Just sent the match.com people an email today explaining I did not want emails about helping immigrants into the country! Thinking I have been suckered again by the 'love industry', hope the people who run these things never have kids or have STD. Money grabbing feckers!

Just gonna pay for fecking now and stuff relationships, they just don't exist anymore! 123576-assfeck.gif

LOL just sent some cocky emails to some saying Thanks for not replying but hey you are ugly anyhow Feck off.

Sure enough get a response. So its all bull innit!

Might be fun to some people but to me its just another money making scheme.

[ QUOTE ]

Get yourself up to forth floor Chad and have an oogle whilst you walk from one end to the other..... 169144-ok.gif

You can use the excuse of getting a coffee... jump.gif

Some are a bit young though.... bike.thumb.gif

Happy letching... 123576-assfeck.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey nice one mate. About ten years ago I was actually working up there and there where some nice females down the other end then. 169144-ok.gif

Hmmm guess I will have to pop up for a smooth Mocha one day! jump.gif

I have just had a look at Match out of interest.

I have seen 2 girls I know, who I definately wouldn't want an intinmate relationship with!! (even though they look and sound great on the profiles)

So having looked just out of interest - I came across (so to say) a nice looking solicitor and one or 2 others.

So nuts to it! Profile is up and sent them a wink.

jump.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Get yourself up to forth floor Chad and have an oogle whilst you walk from one end to the other..... 169144-ok.gif

You can use the excuse of getting a coffee... jump.gif

Some are a bit young though.... bike.thumb.gif

Happy letching... 123576-assfeck.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And where is this local mecca of totty? sekret.gif