tyres...again

fraserbutters

Michelin Pilot Sport 2s seem to be pretty good. Grip is there in dry and wet and they are wearing reasonably well. My old Pilot Sports lasted for 18,000 if that's anything to go by. Swapping wheels and going over to Pirelli Pzero Neros as they are about £50 cheaper per corner but will have to give progress report after driven on them!

Given that summer is nearly over. Uniroyal Rainsports. I have run these for the last 18,000 miles, nearly replacement time. An agressive looking tread pattern, excellent in the wet, and reasonable in the dry.

Have also tried.

MP1's

Dunlop 9000's

Eagle F1's

Pirelli Rossos.

I'm sure there have been others but can't remember off hand. The uniroyals seem to have offered the best all round tyre considering it's 'normally' raining 85% of the time.

T

[ QUOTE ]

Welcome to Tyresmoke Fraser 169144-ok.gif

Michelin Pilot Sport 2 is the tyre of choice of most people on Tyersmoke - they give excellent grip in the wet and dry and wear really well. A few people use Goodyear Eagle F1 as well.

beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Here here and I managed to pay £235 all in for two

A lot of it depends on where in the UK you live. Micheldever Tyres are probably the cheapest in the South/South West and they were selling Michelin PS2s for £270 a pair last time I needed to replace them.

£235 a pair is a good price, but I couldn't justify the £70 in fuel to get to London and back to pay the cheaper price tongue.gif

Ah, OK - there's the catch. I thought about buying online once. The thought about getting them delivered. Finding someone to fit them. And then what would happen if there was a fault with the tyre - p*ssing contest starts between the supplier and the fitter. ices_blah.gif

I'm happy to pay £135 per tyre if it means one company supplies them and sticks them on. Or £145 a tyre if they pitch up to the office and fit them, so I don't have to trawl round the countryside and wait...

On my way into work this morning Kwik Fit had a sign outside that said 25% off Pirellis if you bought four. I have no idea whether there are any limitations to the offer, or whether the price is competeive and more importantly after reading some off the posts on here will they look after your alloys!

The only Pirelli's I've run on the R32 are P-Zero Corsa's, which are not recommended for daily road use (they are, however, fantastic track tyres). Mrs Mook runs Pirelli 6000s on her Passat and they wear really well.

Danno above is moving to P-Zero Neros, but I don't know anyone else who's run these on an R32.

[ QUOTE ]

Where did you get that price from?

Costco are usually the cheapest round here and they want £143 per corner.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought mine from Iverson tyres in Chiswick, the cheapest quote of all by a mile and they took extra care not to scratch my wheels. However when I came to pay they tried charging me £280 but the guy who quoted over the phone had made a slight cock-up and misquoted so after a bit of haggling I managed to force them into giving letting me have them for £235 169144-ok.gif

Got my Pzero Neros in a 235/35/19 sekret.gif and inc VAT and fitting/balance cost me £681 or £135 per tyre. No idea how they drive but they look good tongue.gif Progress reports to follow but can't imagine someone as humble as myself could honestly tell you the difference between them and the Michelin PS2s