5 door S3

CabGirl

Oh dear me. We seem to be seeing a lot of Audi-Wanabee-Fast cars recently.

I mean, do they think anyone really believes them?

The point that I don't get is this...

If you don't know your cars, the RS badge will mean nothing to you. So they'll not impress those people. If you do know your cars, then you'll immediately know it's not an RS/M car straight away and you'll call them a tit....so quite who is the badge aiming for!?

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe there are 'enthusiasts' out there who aren't quite the anoraks we are Chris... tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's definatly true. 169144-ok.gif

I know loads of people who like cars but don't know everything about them, and the RS or M or AMG badge means something to them. people really respect the fast badge and to people who are into cars but not geeky will be like 'ooh, it must be a fast special edition'.

Some examples are being shown a mate's mate's AMG merc - a c180 with an AMG badge on it,having someone telling me that my S3 would munch an evo and being told that the focus has a vtec unit.

I'm sure that RS badge will impress some people (and he probably uses it to say that it's chipped) - which is no problem.. people can like cars without being geeks (like us! tongue.gif)

PS> If that was my car, there would never be a RS badge on it!! I'm just explaining, not encouraging - I hate wrong badging as much as anyone here!! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The point that I don't get is this...

If you don't know your cars, the RS badge will mean nothing to you. So they'll not impress those people. If you do know your cars, then you'll immediately know it's not an RS/M car straight away and you'll call them a tit....so quite who is the badge aiming for!?

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY! They're not impressing anyone, as you so rightly say :P

Live and Let Live, I say. Stuff like this brings a wry smile to my face when I see it, and if the road is clear and the safe opportunity presents itself, I might even allow myself a little play to make them feel silly. But, really, so what? I can't understand why you'd pay £12 to badge something up, maybe its just crude self-consciousness or snobbery, I don't know, never been like that.

The irony is though, for petrolheads, when we see such cars, we stare (and some of you even take pictures!). The owners of these cars are probably really pleased with themselves that they're getting so much attention yelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Check this out, parked outside my house the other night, what a plonker! smashfreakB.gif

890174-RSTDI.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

A new shape 1.9TDi? No offence meant to anyone who has this combination, but they could have at least gone for the 2.0 PD 140 not the strangled old 103 bhp (105 PS) 1.9 before slapping an RS badge on it.

Ian