Qualifying - Sat 13:00-14:00

The Race - Sun 13:00-15:00

ITV Timetable

Qualifying - Sat 12:10pm - 2:25pm

Race - Sun 12:10pm - 3:00pm

Highlights - Sun 11:15pm - 12:15am

F1 news

Here's a bit of news seen as the Hungarian GP is normally a SLEEP5.GIF

<ul type="square">[*]Williams hyave confirmed that thier 2007 driver lineup will be tester Alex Wurz and Nico Rosberg. Mark Webber is expected to take the second seat at Renault.

[*]Jacques Villeneuve will be replaced at this weeks race by tester Robert Kubica.

[*]Renault has re-fitted it's mass damper system until the FIA hearing on August 22nd.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its looking good for a good end to the season. If Renault do much better with the mass damper system in it will cause all sorts of issues if they ask them to take it out.

Webber could be good for Renault but I wonder where that leaves Kimi.

Oh the joys of F1.. another few hours wasted in front of the TV at the weekend. grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Renault has re-fitted it's mass damper system until the FIA hearing on August 22nd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they still under threat of disqualification if the hearing goes against them? If so, it must be an indication of their desperation and reliance on the system!

[ QUOTE ]

Webber could be good for Renault but I wonder where that leaves Kimi.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kimi will have to stay at McLaren, even though he doesn't want to be there with Alonso.

If Schumacher wins the title this year, I reckon he'll just keep on going, so no place for Kimi with the Fezzas, unless you believe this latest rumour on the ITV F1 web site...

I think it's more to do with Flavio wanting to pull one of his top drivers that he manages into a team that's doing well. From most every comment ever made about Frank Williams though, I know I wouldn't relish the opportunity of negotiating with him.

Frank quite rightly so see's drivers as lightbulbs, as they easily replaced and a view that I agree with, as I certainly wouldn't pander to a racers ego when it came to contract time. He may of lost Webber but he has Wurz who is under-rated as a driver because of the way Flav treated him at Benetton.

And Renault do risk to be disqualified or have a massive fine not from the FIA but from the World Motorsport Council, as Charlie Whiting as asked for no any retrospective punishments. But last weekend performance can be mainly directed at the tyres blistering at the rear rather then the loss of the dampers.

Wurtz is cheaper than Webber, and has shown he can race in his rare outings for McLaren. Seeing as they aren't going to get any more money from Button this year I'm guessing Williams are pretty happy. In turn Webber's cheaper than Raikonnen so Renault (and presumably Briatore) are happy too.

So I guess that just leaves the second McLaren seat vacant- my money's on Paffett...

What happenned to the rumour that Williams would run the engines badged as Lexus?

[ QUOTE ]

What happenned to the rumour that Williams would run the engines badged as Lexus?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not seen any updates on that recently, although it won't make any difference to the fact that it's still a completely faceless, corporate Toyota brand.

Don't get me wrong, Lexus cars are great, but WTF they have to try to plant the brand into F1 is beyond me.

[ QUOTE ]

Don't get me wrong, Lexus cars are great, but WTF they have to try to plant the brand into F1 is beyond me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if they want to be seen as a competitor for Mercedes, BMW and Jaguar I guess it's an easy way to form an association in peoples minds. I know they're in endurance racing but I'm surprised Audi aren't in F1 for that very reason- I guess they saw what happened to Jaguar.

And you'e right about the wet race- the last one I can think of is Silverstone a couple of years ago, but there's probably been one since.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised Audi aren't in F1 for that very reason- I guess they saw what happened to Jaguar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they're being smart staying out of F1 for exactly that reason, and they've become kings of races like Le Mans, showcasing their new technology - first with FSI in the R8 and then with the diesel R10. Oh, and the Bentleys...

From what I understand when I worked at Bentley they went very far down the line to look at going into F1 .. at one point it was a yes but in the end due to the change in the re-organisation of the people at the top it didn't happen. This was for Audi by the way not Bentley to do it. 169144-ok.gif

If he wins this years it would be the perfect opportunity for Schumacher to exit stage left as the most successful driver there'll ever be, but an analysis of his personality traits would argue against that, success is likely to keep him in the game. Even more unlikely, he could partner Raikkonen and actively support him as a second driver, forfeiting a championship defense in favour getting Raikkonen settled and on his way to a Ferrari championship.

Personally, I want Raikkonen in a Ferrari regardless of Schumi, the Scuderia needs to be ready for his retirement irrespective of whether he's still competitive, we don't want a return to the wilderness years and that means having a top flight driver in the championship chase. In the twilight of his career he shouldn't be allowed to compromise the teams future for his status as team leader, question is, does Jean Todt have the stomach to lay down the law in the teams interest?

No way is the Finn staying at McLaren, the car has cost him too many race wins and arguably two world titles.

I get what you're saying Torino, but we've been there before - he's a racing driver and that's what he's paid to do. The PR work is part of the job, but giving as little away as possible about your character to the press and your competitors is a very shrewd thing to do. Hakkinen was the same - monotone when he was speaking English, but when he speaks in Finnish, it's a completely different thing.

I find that the media friendly faces of the Button's of the world tend to be attached to the lesser driver. Maybe that's another reason Raikkonen's up for the Ferrari seat, they don't exactly need any help selling them do they? Or any of the dancing donkey branded merchandise for that matter. Theres going to be less PR than with McLaren Mercedes. A few laps of Fiorano in an F430 and he doesn't have to talk, easy! 169144-ok.gif

Anyone know what his tipple of choice is to go with a lap dance? Hopefully he likes Martini.

Bad news for a former F1 driver frown.gif -

[ QUOTE ]

Cristiano da Matta suffered severe head injuries Thursday after striking a deer during Champ Car testing at Elkhart Lake, Wis.

The 32-year-old Brazilian was airlifted to Theda Clark Medical Center hospital where he underwent surgery Thursday night. His condition was critical.

“After arriving at Theda Clark Medical Center, a head CT scan showed Cristiano had suffered a subdural hematoma," stated Dr. Chris Pinderski, Champ Car Director of Medical Affairs. "He was urgently taken to the operating room for surgical removal of the hematoma and is now being observed in the intensive care unit.”

The next 24 hours will be crucial for the 2002 CART champion as doctors try to reduce the swelling in his brain.

According to an eyewitness, da Matta was heading for Turn 6 at Road America when the deer ran out in front of him and struck the right front of his RuSPORT Lola. The deer caromed into the cockpit as da Matta smashed into the tire barrier with his foot still planted on the throttle.

Safety crews extracted him on a backboard and applied an oxygen mask as he was taken to a helicopter.

In the wake of the crash, RuSPORT announced that Justin Wilson and the No. 9 team will not participate in the final day of Champ Car testing at Road America.

Known as "Shorty," the good-natured veteran was coming off his first podium of the season, a second place last Sunday at San Jose.

[/ QUOTE ]

EEK2.GIF Bloody Hell!! Hope he's ok...

I'm hoping Schumacher and Raikonnen end up as team mates- I'd love to see them develop a Prost/Senna relationship and spend all their time battling each other. If Ross Brawn does take next year as a sabattical the playing field should be nice and even for them. Webber/Fisi copuld be interesting too!