The last DVLA auction

Ari

USS 1 was a pretty cool plate, went for £10,100

W153 OWL, nearly but so not quite WISE OWL, went for only £750

Can't quite figure out how Y115 SUF is worth £6,500, but someone clearly did.

And here's a great one for your Audi TT! - 69 TT sold for £3,300

And if Lottie didn't fancy that then 77 LF went for £4,400

Quite like Snog xxx (SN06 XXX) which sold for £1,000 but not sure I'd want it on my car. grin.gif

And how did MAS 500D acheive £7,00?? confused.gif

What is interesting is just how critical the initials actually are. For example, 77 JR acheived £12,200 but 77 JN got less than half that at £5,200 crazy.gif

Oh, and looks like Cabgirl's got the Platinum card out again! 69 CG £5,600 grin.gif

Full listings of acheived prices here:

http://www.dvla-som.co.uk/home/en/Auction/p/last

Some of them are really crap and went for huge money!

B168 EAR, presumably BIG BEAR - sort of, if you squint, sold for £2,900 !!! blush.gif

What does annoy me is that plates like this, and B164 NDY (BIG ANDY) which they sold for £2,100 clearly only have value if mis-spaced. So the DVLA are effectively profiting from people breaking the law with their plates.

Admittedly they're selling them to be spaced properly and is not responsible if people choose not to, but no one is going to pay this kind of money to do that.

Dodgy ground I'd have said.

[ QUOTE ]

What does annoy me is that plates like this, and B164 NDY (BIG ANDY) which they sold for £2,100 clearly only have value if mis-spaced. So the DVLA are effectively profiting from people breaking the law with their plates.

Admittedly they're selling them to be spaced properly and is not responsible if people choose not to, but no one is going to pay this kind of money to do that.

Dodgy ground I'd have said.

[/ QUOTE ]

....Deffo, very dodgy! They are taking advantage....Hypocrisy imo! Typical of authority.

Can someone be bothered to add that lot up and see how much HM Government made for 3 days work selling a load of withheld and newly invented plates?

1450 lots at an average of what? £4000? That's nearly £6million of additional investment for Britain's road infrastructure SMOKE6.GIF