ok..ok....peanut butter?

Maxyboy

i have read in here before the merits of peanut butter on black bumper trim....

at the time i am sure i laughed and probably scoffed.....alot

as of yet i have had no need to try this....but i now find my brother has bought an old banger with grey/white trim and i recomended this method to him......i still dont think he believes me.....no wonder

anyway......can someone tell me just how to apply/remove.....how much/how little......how long......what brand blush.gif etc

as i really want to give it a try without looking a fool ......

cheers chaps 169144-ok.gif

Use smooth Peanut Butter on a Megs applicator pad (not too much, just enough to lightly cover the affected area) and rub on in circular motion and then wipe down afterwards with a dry cloth to remove. Follow up with a damp cloth and the wax/polish residue on the trim should have gone. I have used PB a few times and it does work. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Use smooth Peanut Butter on a Megs applicator pad (not too much, just enough to lightly cover the affected area) and rub on in circular motion and then wipe down afterwards with a dry cloth to remove. Follow up with a damp cloth and the wax/polish residue on the trim should have gone. I have used PB a few times and it does work. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing is........

i dont think the car has seen shampoo let alone wax in its life time........

so i think that it may be just fading of the trim.....if thats possible........so...

will it still work???? 169144-ok.gif

No, I suggest you use Autoglym Bumper Cleaner or the Meguiar's Trim Detailer. Peanut butter is only needed when you want to remove residue from trim, such as wax or polish. Normal cleaner is all you need to revitalise black plastic trim. Tuttle Wax, Halfords and CarPlan make similer products, check in your local Halfrauds or go to the cleanandshiny web-site.

169144-ok.gif TP.

http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk

Can only recommend Megs 38 as this will feed the plastic. If it has never been done and they are grey then it will soak it up and may take many coats to restore them back to black. Many other products just leave a film that darkens the plastic but won't feed it.