Almost had a Woppum moment

GenocidalDuck

Came upto a roundabout yesterday. Not going too fast but maybe to fast for the conditions. It was slippery as hell. Massive understeer as i was trying to turn left. Had no option but to dab the brakes. However unlike the CSL. The front managed to gain grip and the rear just floated round nice and slow then into abit off drift and had me safely pointing the right way. No fuss no spin just gentle drift. If it wasnt for the understeer i wouldnt have even noticed. 4wd 169144-ok.gif

i did exactly the same when i had my s6, probably six or seven years ago. Had a car full of mates, hit a roundabout far too fast and got 4 wheel drift, shat myself, instinct took over and i was going to hit the middle of the roundabout and the only option left was to hit the loud pedel, which i did. The tyres dug in and drove me out of the situation.. my first experience of quattro and how it's works.. been loving it ever since 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Still another 2 weeks till mine is ready... Then im off on Holiday so I wont see the little pup for 3... crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thing i find about that is. How good it will feel when you climb back into it. Will be like a new car. Just to make it feel abit more special. Drive around in a bucket of bolts for the next few weeks. Then you will appreciate how bloody good your car is.