Pagid brake pads - any good ?

rs32

Thinking of upgrading the standard MkV .:R pads - and Pagid now make an uprated fast-road product.

Anyone used these before ? Have always fitted uprated discs if going for better pads (have previously had Tarox fast-road front discs/pads on other cars) but for that bit extra on the braking side am wondering if just the pads will do.

Planning on using better brake fluid if I do go for the Pagid offering.....

cheers 169144-ok.gif

All the Pagid pads I've run have been too hard a compound, so the brakes take too long to bite, and they then fade like hell when you're on the track.

I wouldn't go down the route of Mintex either - we were recommended some "great new fast road pads which are really well suited for the track as well" for our Scumball Scirocco. Well they faded, faded and faded again around the 'Ring. Mintex Extreme IIRC.

Although I run Red Stuff pads with the ECS brake upgrade (the only pads I would now run with this setup), I've never run them with standard disks, so can't recommend them on that front.

Don't mean to be the bearer of gloom and doom, but I'm sure if you speak to someone like Sean at www.bigboyztoys.co.uk they'd be able to make a recommendation.

I run the Red stuff pads too (thanks to Mook) and although I think they run perfect (even cold), from what I can remember, being used on OEM discs the Red stuff pads distroy the OEM disc. I'd wait until you've spoken to someone that has runs performance pads with the standard discs 169144-ok.gif

Ferodo DS2500 pads are the ones I keep hearing recommended, so probably worth looking into. If not going for the full brake kit, then pads plus stainless steel braided hoses plus racing fluid is obviously a more economical first stage. But, seeing as you like the track, perhaps it's better to consider going for the whole kit.

Slippery Slope that modding stuff is, isn't it! 169144-ok.gif