Is it worth moaning?

Luke

Bought the Mrs a brand new MkV Golf 1.9tdi S Golf in September '05. Had a couple of little niggles so far that were sorted under warranty. Today however the bl00dy clutch went shocked.gif Its being sorted under warranty again but this is pretty poor IMHO. Is it worth calling VW customer service? Will I get anywhere? Ta in advance 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

To be honest, I'd save the "Call Customer Service" for when something goes and they refuse it under warranty. They're sorting this for you, and as it's a clutch I'd say you are veeeerrrry lucky to be getting that done, so stick as you are, that's my advice. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was kinda thinking that aswell. But she has had 6 cars over the years and never had a clutch go. This includes MX5, Peugeot 1.6cc (a car which you would think the clutch might go as it is very heavy an totally under powered). The new car has only done about 11000 miles and she is a good driver wink.gif honest. Just feel like it should be better quality and want VW to know that.....

[ QUOTE ]

You dont ask, you dont get. always worth logging calls and maybe get something out of it.

afterall you paid them a huge amount of money for it

[/ QUOTE ]

Paid best part of £16,000 for what I consider a very basic car. I bought it new for the usual reasons of warranty, up to date safety and of course reliability blush.gif. This is what I find annoying.

But they're covering it under warranty. confused.gif I don't see what else you'd hope to get out of this. They're not going to give you any money off a job you're not paying for? If you had to cover the cost of this yourself, then yes get straight on the phone or write a letter. As it is, I suggest that having a failed (?) clutch replaced is about all I'd expect. Save the moaning for something they decide is fair wear and tear.

They'll already know about the clutch and will be well aware of the situation. Also it'll be on record, so you can use this as support for any future claim you might have about the car and issues which are not to your satisfaction (if there are any). 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Is it worth calling VW customer service? Will I get anywhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

What on earth do you expect to achieve?? confused.gif

VW will have logged the warranty work like any manufacturer does. To fail within 12 months will probably be a fault in manufacture. It happens. A failed clutch, replaced without question under warranty, is not a customer service issue.

Ian