R32 waiting time

jaKel

Ordered the R32 last tuesday. Was told at the time it would probally be the start of november before it arrived. However today I was told that the build date had still not come through yet and so they reckon it could be the end of november before it arrived.

Anyone else who has ordered recently been given a build date?

I think it depends on the dealership you go to. I've recently been quoted anywhere from 2-5 months!! frown.gif I went into my local VeeDub & they had taken delivery of one that day (brand new)to which i bought & picked up a week later 169144-ok.gif Funnily enough i drove past on Monday & they'd taken delivery of another R32, this one was a Blue 5DR, looked very nice indeedy

Similar to me. I got my original R32 in December 2005, having ordered my full spec R32 at the same time. New full spec R arrived on 9th June 2006. Must have been Fritz that made your car too, top bloke !! lol.gif

Time we organised a Scottish Meet, you'll need to come along !! 169144-ok.gif

I tried to order one from Colborne's, Guildford at the beginning of April and was told the wait would be anything up to a year! I paid £500 deposit to go on the waiting list. The last update I had (in May) was that they could not place an order before November and then there would be 3-4 month wait after that. They have not contacted me since. Another dealer has told me thay could get me one now in 8-12 weeks.

I am now waiting for the Audi S3......I have been made to wait far too long by VW.... another few weeks for the S3 will make no difference now.

[ QUOTE ]

I tried to order one from Colborne's, Guildford at the beginning of April and was told the wait would be anything up to a year!

[/ QUOTE ]

You went to the wrong dealer. Dealers have a allocation of cars for the year and have a fixed quota that they can order each month.

So the waiting time is determined by the dealers waiting list and not by VW...

If you'd popped into the dealer down the road you could have got one in 6-8 weeks...

Thanks for the offer but I am going to wait and try the Audi S3 before making a final decision, after all I have waited this long.......

I did also try Wayside at Milton Keynes, the response was much the same as that from Colborne's, ie a wait of about a year. I have since then contacted another local dealer and they tell me they can deliver in about 8-12 weeks.

Just off the phone from the dealer. Still no build week, 11 days after placing my order. Is this normal??

when i ordered I was told I would have the car at the start of November. Then Last wed they said it will be more the end of november. Now they are just saying they have no idea at all anymore. If it was later than this I would start looking around other dearlers for a shorter wait. Am I getting messed about or is this sort of thing normal?

You'll probably read elsewhere on here once the dealer has their allocation for the year the orders for these open at the begining of a month until they have used them up. So if they get 4 it'll be one order every three months

I would expect them to have a very good idea on when they can order your car and may have been a bit naughty to get your deposit in the bank

Quite a few on here work in dealerships so I'm sure will correct me if I am wrong 169144-ok.gif

Apologies to all the decent dealers (there must be some!) but in my experience they do mess you around, at least the ones I have tried, hence my possible defection to Audi. I have never bought a VW before and my experience has not impressed me and is not an inducement to buy from them. I don't know whether this is just in connection with the R32 or if it is a general trait.