My new M3

mtl

Just thought I'd reintroduce myself...

When I joined this forum (as Mark_S3, way back in May 2006), I had a 2002 S3.

Now I've moved on to a 2002 M3 (Imola Red, SMG, Nav, 19s, HK etc.). Oh, and I've also changed my username to something a little less model-specific!

Loving RWD + 344 bhp. 169144-ok.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Loving RWD + 344 bhp. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

343 actually.....not that you'll miss 1 bhp!

Crackingly good cars and pleased to hear you're happy with it. I had an M3 Coupe which I still have fond memories of (Titanium/Imola). notworthy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You're quite right about the stock power output MrMe.

But the extra 1 bhp on my M3 was hard-won, I can tell you - full supercharged V8 conversion, roof section cut out and replaced with carbon fibre, ceramic AP racing brakes, coilovers, all seats removed and replaced with carbon fibre bean bags and an ultra-lightweight titanium Bavarian air freshener imported from Munich. Not.

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I thought it was 338? tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You're thinking of your CSL after a night out on the town wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, all the mags used to say 344, then they changed it to 343 and now all M3's, including the CS are quoted at 338... tongue.gif

Not a clue why and no one can ever answer my question crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, all the mags used to say 344, then they changed it to 343 and now all M3's, including the CS are quoted at 338... tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Although it initially seems to offer us promise in the form of a definitive 343 bhp for the standard M3, the BMW AUC website then proceeds to confuse the issue - it quotes the CS and CSL as 325 bhp... ROLLEY~14.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Although it initially seems to offer us promise in the form of a definitive 343 bhp for the standard M3, the BMW AUC website then proceeds to confuse the issue - it quotes the CS and CSL as 325 bhp... ROLLEY~14.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Well now im even more confused. There must be someone out there who can answer this question for me... SAUER0421.GIF

Congratulations on your new purchase

I too went from an Audi S3 to an E46 M3 - never looked back (not quite true - in Winter, when the roads are greasy - then i missed the 4-wheel drive assurance of the s3 smlove2.gif)

The funny thing is I also went for an Imola red one!! grin.gif

The best colour IMO! I sold it in feb and miss it soooo much - i actually regret getting rid of it.

Anyway mate - enjoy beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Imola Red def the best colour smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

A dealer would disagree - they don't sell well.

[/ QUOTE ]

The dealer isn't the one driving it. I chose this one over legions of CB, SG and PY examples, not only because I prefer it, but also because they're a rarer breed. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Hermes, congrats on the new motor.... do you have any pics? Would like to see Imola red as there aren't that many about round this way..... they all tend to be black or silver!

Did you get it from Elms/Murketts or privately?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, it was supplied by Elms. The service so far has been very good, which is reassuring.

I have a number of pictures, but none that I think are worthy of posting. A lack of time, coupled with the last few weeks of rain around here have prevented me from taking some at full publication quality. Will get something up asap though 169144-ok.gif