RedRobin

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for asking, Aunt Ari grin.gif.

No, not yet, but she said she was in the middle of moving house and works away from home a lot. Hmm....I just remembered that she asked me if I lived locally. I told her that I would be playing again at the gig this Thursday, so we'll see if she's there.

I hope she's there, if only because I want to hear her sing again notworthy.gif and I feel she's a kindred spirit. Anything else is what fate will decide. I can stay cool now but it might get more difficult IF it went to another level grin.gif. I felt very comfortable with her and I got the impression from one of her comments that she can probably read me like an open book!

Don't forget that she probably won't want to appear over keen any more than I would, but I think her telling me about moving and working away was her way of saying her call would not necessarily be very soon. She's very self assured (gotta be to be a singer) and I'm sure she knows what she does or doesn't want.

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Don't forget that she probably won't want to appear over keen any more than I would, but I think her telling me about moving and working away was her way of saying her call would not necessarily be very soon. She's very self assured (gotta be to be a singer) and I'm sure she knows what she does or doesn't want.

beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

All this business of appearing over keen makes me laugh!! If you like someone and want to meet up and have a chat and see what happens I just call them! Obviously not to the extreme, nothing worse than 25 million missed calls from the same person...aghhhhhhhhhh..... smashfreakB.gif

Keep us posted after thursday Robin!! beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

All this business of appearing over keen makes me laugh!! If you like someone and want to meet up and have a chat and see what happens I just call them!

[/ QUOTE ]

....I agree with you about not playing it cool once you have established a relationship but most (though not all) of us guys interpret 'over keen' as 'desperate' and want to run a mile!

I keep telling Jennifer Aniston to stop calling me but you know how forward those American girls are! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

All this business of appearing over keen makes me laugh!! If you like someone and want to meet up and have a chat and see what happens I just call them!

[/ QUOTE ]

....I agree with you about not playing it cool once you have established a relationship but most (though not all) of us guys interpret 'over keen' as 'desperate' and want to run a mile!

I keep telling Jennifer Aniston to stop calling me but you know how forward those American girls are! grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But one phone call isn't over keen surely? crazy.gifgrin.gif Overkeen certainly is desperate, I totally agree! smashfreakB.gif

Agreed - One phone call isn't over keen. But the point here is that I'm not going to try and guess what this lady's attitude towards me is, nor am I going to drive myself mad having any expectations. We're all different and do/don't do things for different reasons.

I'm playing at the same gig on Thursday....I'm really hoping she'll be there but I'll have a good time anyway. If she is there I'll just be myself and play it by ear - Same as the music!

Well....I just back home from the gig. I was very disappointed not to see her and was just setting up my microphone and there she was, saying Hi.

And what did she do on my second number? Got up and sang and on all the others except the very last. Also, my wireless electric harmonica playing friend turned up and played with me. It was a great gig.

Like the first time, we sat and chatted in between other people playing. She's kinda different from her stage persona which comes across as very confident and she seems gentle and almost a little shy. She had just driven from Nottingham so was very tired. When a lady came over to tell me she liked my flute playing, she told them that she had to get up and sing whenever I played and couldn't help herself - 169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif!!

So, I sat with her but didn't pressurise her with loads of chat....It just came naturally and the silences didn't feel awkward. Of course, some of the time you TSN lot came into my mind saying: "Get her number! Get her number!".

I was leaving and she told me it was lovely to see me again and we must record together so I didn't ask for her number but just commanded her: "Give me your number!" and then "It would be nice to see you anyway and I know you are a busy lady and it's no problem". She grinned, said "Yeah" and went for a piece of paper and pen.

So, I'm going to wait until the weekend and text her a nice message and take it from there.

My senses and our chatting tells me she has her own plans and I know she's very busy so I'm not going to pressurise her in any way but just stay in touch and see if I can just gently hang out with her and see what happens.

My feelings being with her again are exactly the same - Comfortable and on the same wavelength and with no pressure. I'm not feeling tired and don't feel like going to bed yet!