MY CAR HAS JUST BEEN STOLEN - BLACK GTI - S8SOH

Oli

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I cant beleive that they found it, apparently it had different plates on it!!! There is something suspicious about the circumstances but the police wouldn't tell me, but when I find out you lot will too.

And reference getting it back, I do have a choice, becasue it was stolen in their care and its someone elses insurance. The garage owner has also agreed with me that he wouldn't have it back, so I even have him on my side, like I said before he has even offered to write me a cheque for it, so at least he can recoup some of his costs now if this is what happens.

Still I am pleased, as now I dont keep wondering where it is, and there might be some of my belongings in it - but probably not. And I can get my wife's personal plate back beerchug.gif

Pleased to hear they've found your car - at least from the point of view of catching the culprets. I hope all goes to plan for you in terms of getting your money from the tyre company - a very sensitive situation by the sounds of things. Did the tyre fitters log your mileage on the invoice - just wondered how many miles covered. wink.gif

Good to see that they've found it! I think you're correct in not accepting the car tho, no tellings what it has been used for. I know yours was a 3dr, so slightly less practical, but several hot hatches are stolen for robberies now. Perfect cars, as they're fairly "q" and yet have enough speed to get away from your usual panda car. 169144-ok.gif

I don't know why I'm thinking this, but despite the garages apparent willingness to help, there is just something about their samaritan like assistance, and the fact that the car was stolen whilst in their care, that makes me wonder if they aren't in some way involved - perhaps an insurance scam? I'm sure I'm wrong, but you have to admit that the way the car was nicked was a bit of a school-boy error to say the least.

As much as I agree with how u feel oli, I can't believe that the insurers do not have the right to return the car to the garage and hence them to you. AS to whether you are forced to have the car back, is probably down to the garage, as it's their insurance that is paying out. Of course nothing to stop you trying to refuse , or selling car straight away.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know why I'm thinking this, but despite the garages apparent willingness to help, there is just something about their samaritan like assistance, and the fact that the car was stolen whilst in their care, that makes me wonder if they aren't in some way involved - perhaps an insurance scam? I'm sure I'm wrong, but you have to admit that the way the car was nicked was a bit of a school-boy error to say the least.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Something doesnt stack up? The only flaw in the plan is that the car has now actually turned up!? I suspect that the car will simply return to Oli and that will be that. What kind of insurance company would pay out that kind of cash without an internal investigation? The best result I can see for Oli is that he gets his new tyres for free. Hope I am wrong though. Good Luck.

Just spoken with the garage owner and regardless of what the insuruers say, he looks like he will be buying the car from me, for a NEW car price + all the options. I think he is so embarissed that it has happened, and the fact that this time last week he could have been paying out £27k, he will be getting off lighlty at the differnce between my car and a new car and the options price

[ QUOTE ]

Just spoken with the garage owner and regardless of what the insuruers say, he looks like he will be buying the car from me, for a NEW car price + all the options. I think he is so embarissed that it has happened, and the fact that this time last week he could have been paying out £27k, he will be getting off lighlty at the differnce between my car and a new car and the options price

[/ QUOTE ]

Good on him, Can't ask for more than that really.

I believe, going on what has been said, that what OliH is talking about would make perfect sense.

The fact the garage owner is now wanting to buy the car from him removes any obligation he has to have the car back (because otherwise I do agree with the rest of the people who have said he'd have to take the car back).

However, an interesting thought - the owner has registered an insurance claim that he'll follow through. So, there is a very high chance (95% I'd say) that the car will be registered as "Stolen Recovered", and as we've discussed elsewhere on TSN before that'll not help him sell it. That said, what does he care - he just needs to get this sorry and embarassing saga over as soon as possible, and I think I'd do the same in his shoes too.