Rainbow Six : Vegas ( Xbox 360)

Newbie123

Attention all 360 owners 169144-ok.gif

A demo has just arrived on the market place for Rainbow Six : Vegas

Very impressive game, looks like another must have. I like the ability to tag enemies before you clear the rooms and it has a very nice tension level.

Unfortunately I'll probably have to leave this one until Christmas though as Gears of War and Call of Duty 3 aka "Take that you Jerry rotter" jump.gif are both launched within the next 3 weeks.

Great times to own a 360 169144-ok.gif

Had Las Vegas & COD3 pre-ordered for over 2 months now 169144-ok.gif

Haven't had a chance to download the demo yet as I'm away at work.

Don't think I'll bother with Gears Of War just yet. I'll wait and see who else on my friends list gets it and also wait to see if anyone can get the time to actually play it as all 3 are released around the same time smashfreakB.gif

Just picked up American Wasteland and G.R.A.W. today not that I've fully exhausted Dead Rising or COD2 yet, or PGR 3 for that matter !!!

The wife bought them for me in HMV as they were £50 but BOGOF. I immediately quizzed her as to what she had done to be buying me games. Turns out her haircut had cost £140 !!! Oh well, her money, her guilt, my games !

• 1 month later...

[ QUOTE ]

Mick, I've seen you playing this. Is it as good as the old one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Snail

Single player is quite similar to the old one. As in you have to complete missions, rescue hostages, control your team members etc...

Obviously the graphics are better and the sounds are really good if you have digital playback facility and a good sound system. You have basically the same weapons available and I think there are a few new ones that have been added too.

Online the maps are huge as it seems like all the new FPS games are. I haven't really had a chance to explore the different game types as I am now at work (for 9 days). Only had Friday night on live. It's good that you can poke your head out from a corner. Like move up to a wall and cling to the wall. It replaces the leaning that we used to do on the old one.

An added bonus is if you have the web vision camera you can scan your own face in and plonk it onto your profile so the soldier looks like yourself. It's been quite funny seeing and shooting people that you know.

Overall it looks good, runs quite smoothly and the game play is good too. But this might have something to do with getting back with all the "Old Skool" gamers that used to be on the original R6.

[ QUOTE ]

An added bonus is if you have the web vision camera you can scan your own face in and plonk it onto your profile so the soldier looks like yourself. It's been quite funny seeing and shooting people that you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can have some great fun with the camera and the mapping feature. Have a look at the pic in this thread...

Takes the baby faced assassin to a whole new level

Think I'm going to have to get this and the camera for christmas notworthy.gif

Agreed,

as much as i like gears of war, i wouldn't rate it as a great. It's too cinamatic, in that there are periods of good game play/problem solving , and then you get a five minute period of DVD.

I would prefer more game play, with better links.. bit like tomb raider used to be.