rs6 buying advice

johnny11

i`m on the market for a RS6 saloon and have found one with the spec i want, but its not with a audi dealer its with a lexus dealer, so i`m a bit worried about the warranty. They have told me its comes with a 1 year rac warranty has full audi service history done 25k miles on a 53 reg and is up for £33995 is this a sensible asking price? Also is there any way i can check with audi on the service history on the car and if its had any major problems?? also if it all looks fine is it worth spending £1500 on getting a audi warranty aswell?. The lexus dealer getting back to me tomorrow with a p/x price on mine, i hope they do better than what audi offered which was £5k. any advice would be much appreciated

[ QUOTE ]

any advice would be much appreciated

[/ QUOTE ]

Walk away mate.

You want the Audi warranty on that car so it will end up costing you £35500 or a little less if you get a bit of a deal.

Why when you can buy a 2005 car with 2 year warranty, half the mileage for for only a little bit more money. If you are going to finance it it will probably actually cost you less each month as the residuals will be alot better on the 05 car.

[ QUOTE ]

005 05 Reg AUDI RS6 RS6 Quattro 4dr Tip Auto Saloon

Automatic, 20,000 miles, Dolphin Grey. 19" Alloys, 6 CD, Bose, Chrome Wing Mirrors, Dynamic Stability Control, Sat Nav, TV, Silk Nappa Leather, Xenons, Climate Control, Computer, Front armrest, Electrically adjustable seats, Full service history, Heated seats, Park distance control, Wood/wood effect trim. Massive spec car, Balance of long manufacturers warranty. Road Angel included. £38,495.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would aim to get that for around £36500 to £37000.

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=400607750

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=400607756

You will sell yours in a matter of days privately mate. Good luck. 169144-ok.gif

Exactly the question I was going to ask.

Has a look at Mugello Blue RS6 Avant yesterday, 2003 '03' plate with 45,100 on the clock and the dealer wants £31,990 for it.

Would only give me £21,500 trade for my 2004 '54' plate S4 with 33700 miles on it and no movement on the RS6.

Couldn't even take it for a test drive as it had a private plate on it which they have sold and it now has no tax. When asked when it would have a new tax disk on it so I could test drive ' it'll get taxed when we sell it. I can take you out for 20-30 mins on trade plates if you like and then come back a talk numbers'

What, I'm going to decide to buy a car with a 30 minute test drive? SAUER0421.GIFsmashfreakB.gif

You got to love dealers!!

I take it that was a main dealer? They are without doubt the absolute worst, you need to find an indy where the guy who owns the place deals with you, at least you know you will get a bit of a deal or an honest 'no'. Not just some smug arsehole who is only saying 'no' because he isn't allowed to say anything else.

Oh, there was some 'movement' but he got very nervious when I commented that I had spotted they were struggling to sell their RS6 saloon and their new S6 Avant had been on the forecourt for the last 8 weeks.

Who in their right mind would buy a car even at that price when all you can have is 20 mins in it with the sales bloke parked next to you? smashfreakB.gif

Guest crackdown

[ QUOTE ]

i`m on the market for a RS6 saloon and have found one with the spec i want, but its not with a audi dealer its with a lexus dealer, so i`m a bit worried about the warranty. They have told me its comes with a 1 year rac warranty has full audi service history done 25k miles on a 53 reg and is up for £33995 is this a sensible asking price? Also is there any way i can check with audi on the service history on the car and if its had any major problems?? also if it all looks fine is it worth spending £1500 on getting a audi warranty aswell?. The lexus dealer getting back to me tomorrow with a p/x price on mine, i hope they do better than what audi offered which was £5k. any advice would be much appreciated

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the reg begin with DE53 by any chance?

[ QUOTE ]

Exactly the question I was going to ask.

Has a look at Mugello Blue RS6 Avant yesterday, 2003 '03' plate with 45,100 on the clock and the dealer wants £31,990 for it.

Would only give me £21,500 trade for my 2004 '54' plate S4 with 33700 miles on it and no movement on the RS6.

Couldn't even take it for a test drive as it had a private plate on it which they have sold and it now has no tax. When asked when it would have a new tax disk on it so I could test drive ' it'll get taxed when we sell it. I can take you out for 20-30 mins on trade plates if you like and then come back a talk numbers'

What, I'm going to decide to buy a car with a 30 minute test drive? SAUER0421.GIFsmashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to say but if your S4 is a manual gearbox car without Sat nav then £21,500 is a fair bid for it..... sekret.gif

Not moving on the RS6 is a little rude though smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I take it that was a main dealer? They are without doubt the absolute worst, you need to find an indy where the guy who owns the place deals with you, at least you know you will get a bit of a deal or an honest 'no'. Not just some smug arsehole who is only saying 'no' because he isn't allowed to say anything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on Guy, that is pretty much sweeping series of comments there SAUER0421.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

i was also told today that the warranty is going to cost £2700 as the warranty expired 2 weeks ago

[/ QUOTE ]

coffee.gif Read again what gIzze said, and go along with it, it's by far a better option 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Beg to differ...anyone buying a RS6 saloon over the avant is making a risky buy at best. The only reason to buy a saloon is if it's hugely cheaper than the avant and you are going to be relaxed about taking a long time to sell/part ex it when you need to move onto the next car.

That car at EMG is a *cheap* one but there has to be a reason for that of course...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on Guy, that is pretty much sweeping series of comments there SAUER0421.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe?

But recently I have some great offers etc. from some indies and some absolutely terrible experiences from main dealers.

Some of the offers they make on peoples cars are bordering on rude, specially when you pick up the phone and call a few local dealers and get offered loads more money for them in the space of 30 minutes.

Maybe it is different up here in Norfolk as it is cut off and there are still enough people who won't consider even looking elsewhere.

I do admit when you get to an area where there is more than a couple of dealers they tend to get a bit more realistic.

I don't know what you are standing up for them for, can only be good for you. wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Beg to differ...anyone buying a RS6 saloon over the avant is making a risky buy at best. The only reason to buy a saloon is if it's hugely cheaper than the avant and you are going to be relaxed about taking a long time to sell/part ex it when you need to move onto the next car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree with you there. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

i was also told today that the warranty is going to cost £2700 as the warranty expired 2 weeks ago

[/ QUOTE ]

coffee.gif Read again what gIzze said, and go along with it, it's by far a better option 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That car at EMG is a *cheap* one but there has to be a reason for that of course...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the part I ment him to read:

169144-ok.gif

Walk away mate.

You want the Audi warranty on that car so it will end up costing you £35500 or a little less if you get a bit of a deal.

Why when you can buy a 2005 car with 2 year warranty, half the mileage for for only a little bit more money. If you are going to finance it it will probably actually cost you less each month as the residuals will be alot better on the 05 car. coffee.gif