Going for new pipes!

Woppum

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

grin.gif

Woppum I will be interested in hearing your car after you've had the exhaust fitted.

talking about mods - I'm considering some of these - Carbon Brake Cooling Ducts - anyone any experience of them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never heard of anyone getting these. They do look interesting and a good alternative to going for the full AP conversion.

I think im going to leave the brakes alone to begin with. Once I have sorted out my tracking - insurance then later experience and I find the brakes really arn't up for the job, then I will probably consider the AP route. At the moment I cant justify them as the stock brakes seem to be more than enough for the road. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to agree with Woppum on this, the brakes are perferctly fine for me on the roads. Perhaps if you do lots of track miles you'll need to upgrade, I can't see me needing to spend £3k on AP's or even that carbon brake thingy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I intend to do a few track days but not lots like on the 2nd S3 so I don´t really think I´ll upgrade to the AP´s either (especially after some driving tuition) but I´m thinking extra disc ventilation is always beneficial and I managed to get the brakes to fade on the first CSL I drove. However it may seem these carbon ducts are not suitable for the CSL due to the bigger disc design. I´ll find out more when I return Tues.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

grin.gif

Woppum I will be interested in hearing your car after you've had the exhaust fitted.

talking about mods - I'm considering some of these - Carbon Brake Cooling Ducts - anyone any experience of them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never heard of anyone getting these. They do look interesting and a good alternative to going for the full AP conversion.

I think im going to leave the brakes alone to begin with. Once I have sorted out my tracking - insurance then later experience and I find the brakes really arn't up for the job, then I will probably consider the AP route. At the moment I cant justify them as the stock brakes seem to be more than enough for the road. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to agree with Woppum on this, the brakes are perferctly fine for me on the roads. Perhaps if you do lots of track miles you'll need to upgrade, I can't see me needing to spend £3k on AP's or even that carbon brake thingy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I intend to do a few track days but not lots like on the 2nd S3 so I don´t really think I´ll upgrade to the AP´s either (especially after some driving tuition) but I´m thinking extra disc ventilation is always beneficial and I managed to get the brakes to fade on the first CSL I drove. However it may seem these carbon ducts are not suitable for the CSL due to the bigger disc design. I´ll find out more when I return Tues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think your pads are wearing out. Mine were naff after only 10k miles! They doidnt last much longer than the original set of cups! I suppose that what you get with all that stopping power through little 1 pot pads! smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

What do the blue's do? On BM3W they seemed to think the orange versions were the best for the CSL.?

[/ QUOTE ]

I ´think´they are less aggressive on the discs. I´ll need to check the coefficient rating to compare. The blues are very popular with the Porsche crowd.

[ QUOTE ]

They are out of stock of the racing back box and wont be in untill mid Jan... Im going to have to wait!!! sportifs2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Right - I really want to get this pipe fitted Friday. Im just too busy to sort it out after this week. Anyone known of any other Supersprint dealers, distributors who could get hold of it for me this week?!

I think I know a company near by who can fit worse comes to worse...?

beerchug.gif

Well I have got totally desperate and e-mailed a few companies who are stockist/distributors I have found through google. I have said I need the pipes in my possession by Thursday so I can get them fitted Friday.

Trouble is im going to be so busy for the next 3 months or so with work I dont think I can spare a day off to get them fitted. I dont think my chances are that high.

As said if anyone knows a place I should try please post. beerchug.gif

my experience with trying to find a Supersprint for my old S3 is that there were only a handful of UK distributors and if the main ones don't have them then no-one will and will order direct from Italy. I'll see if I can find a link from my old S3 folder.

Well it look like no chance. Supersprint are closed for the rest of this week and there is a shortage of the lightweight racing back boxes. Ill have to just keep it on order and find a way of putting it on when it finally comes in...

Im a sad and defeated Woppum frown.gif

Im trying to get John to send me pics and specs of these new Milteks. I told him if they look good and are out reasonable quickly I may cancel my order and go with them. Milteks are always the safest bet, true quality. I just hate the look of the CSL pipes they have out at the moment. Just too bling...