Going for new pipes!

Woppum

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok I have spoken with John and he will have pictures of the new pipes up on his site tomorrow. He said it is a diffrent design/look than the old pipes, but the main diffrance is they are quieter than the previous Milteks, with no boom below 3k rpm. He aslo mentioned as the cost of Stainless Steel has risen, they will cost around 7% more than the current pipes.

The pipes will still have the folded lip design on each oval rather than the single sheet design of the stock pipes or supersprint, which im not sure I like as much.

What he did mention however is that the supersprint brackets often break and they are not nearly as reliable.

I will have to wait untill tomorrow beofre I make my decision...

beerchug.gif

Sam, listen mate, you don't need to go for the full system by the same supplier. For example you can have the supersprint backbox that you like the design of, the Militek centre section & cats and they will all fit together no probs. Personally I don't think there are any issues with Supersprint and if you don't mind the boom then go with it because you like the design.

I dont think id mix and match. If it did go wrong it would be such a hassle to replace all the bits. Chances are I will go for the supersprint. Its the thin walls and larger diameter. It looks light weight and that goes with the whole ethos of the car. I still have time because the pipes ive ordered from supersprint STILL havent arrived, so if the new Milteks look much better than expected I can order them tomorrow and get them fitted beginning of Feb...

Im not going for new cats yet. I just dont need the power...yet FIREdevil.gif

beerchug.gif

I've got some half price race cats going if you're interested. Supersprint of course. I bought mine second hand and didn't put them on the car because I'm getting an itch and the Sagaris is becoming very nicely priced. 8bhp and more midrange. Hmmmm, maybe I should still put them on.

• 2 weeks later...