R8 price list - oh my...

Merlot

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I've done a u turn and confirmed my R8 at c£84k.

I still feel its overpriced but having rung round it seems like its going to be hot and demand is strong which should help residuals.

I'm not interested in the V10 as 0-100mph in a tad over 10s is going to be enough for me from the V8 and the V10 is going to be mixing it performance wise with the Italian Supercars at the £130-145k price bracket. So maybe the V8 is a reasonable price or maybe I am now talking my own book!

Anyway I priced up a 911 C4S to my spec and it was £78k and you could argue that it needs the £8k power kit to match the R8's power to weight and performance. Oh dear...I am seriously talking my own book now! Anyone else now in the bag on this one?

It a stunning looking car and everyone has a 911, nice to see that people are going for different things. And its only money. 169144-ok.gif

You do realise that you will have to write a full review and provide huge amounts of quality pictures for the forum. grin.gif

Keep us posted as to how things progress.

The C4S was when it came out. More or less every new sprotscar/supercar over £50k conducts a premium when new. The SL55 when it came out was a rare case where people were paying as much as £30k over list for one. If the R8 is going to take no premium at all when new - I look at that as a worry. Like the M6 I expect this car to rapidly find its place in the market, and I expect that is close to the £60k mark with all the right options.

Sorry I am probably not brimming you with confidence right now, but thats the impression I have been getting.

Of course you could look at it another way. I think this car, even in V8 form is worth that money. Its stunning. As fast as a 360 and has all the luxuries you could want. There isnt anything else out on the market for that. I really get the R8 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The C4S was when it came out. More or less every new sprotscar/supercar over £50k conducts a premium when new. The SL55 when it came out was a rare case where people were paying as much as £30k over list for one. If the R8 is going to take no premium at all when new - I look at that as a worry. Like the M6 I expect this car to rapidly find its place in the market, and I expect that is close to the £60k mark with all the right options.

Sorry I am probably not brimming you with confidence right now, but thats the impression I have been getting.

Of course you could look at it another way. I think this car, even in V8 form is worth that money. Its stunning. As fast as a 360 and has all the luxuries you could want. There isnt anything else out on the market for that. I really get the R8 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry - I think you might be right but I'm buying it as a keeper and want my own spec.

FWIW how bad is the AM V8 Vantage on this scale?

Cheers

[ QUOTE ]

Always interested - thanks. An expensive Audi is always going to be an issue. You don't see Tom Hartley selling RS4s. I suspect it will all hinge on the road tests from the quality mags.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funnily enough the guy I am seeing later has recently swapped his CSL for an RS4. I think he said they are still conducting good money but have slow down.

Romans and Hudsons have both sold quite a few though... 169144-ok.gif

I will let you know what he says about the V8 tomorrow. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

You are right - it is not a premium car. Then again neither is a 911C4S....and I suspect the heady days of 2002 and SL55's is long gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have to disagree about the 987 C4S not being a premium car - it's a Porsche 911 after all, and they're common-ish for the simple reason that they're just about the best all round sportscar you can get. That said you're right about the similarities in price - Porsche options are legendarily expensive! and if you're buying the R8 as a keeper then the depreciation issue is academic for you - so go for it!! 169144-ok.gif

Porshe is definitley a premium car, the autotrader poll still put the 911 as the most desired/lusted after car on the market. I think that says it all.

In two years time when there are 2 year old R8's and C4S's kicking around it will be interesting to see which one is the best residual wise.

If someone offered me one for free right now, I would still take the 911 I think.

Hold on you two I don't think its the 'Premium car' thats in question. Its the fact that they don't sell for a 'Premium' that was being discussed.

I see more 911s than taxis when I was in London last week the same when I'm working in Wilmslow I can totally understand someone wanting somthing different even though it is very good.

Lets face it BMW sell more 3 Series than Ford Mondeos these days we all want Premium in the UK at least.

[ QUOTE ]

Hold on you two I don't think its the 'Premium car' thats in question. Its the fact that they don't sell for a 'Premium' that was being discussed.

I see more 911s than taxis when I was in London last week the same when I'm working in Wilmslow I can totally understand someone wanting somthing different even though it is very good.

Lets face it BMW sell more 3 Series than Ford Mondeos these days we all want Premium in the UK at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your quite right CarMad. My point is simply that its slightly worrying this car isnt going to condone much of a premium considering pretty much everything, par an M6 does! If I was a speculator, or even a bloke that traded cars quickly it would certainly not be top of my list.

However if you are planning on keeping it for a while. Like a big engined merc, F599 etc it starts to make sense. These are cars which fill your hearts with joy, and line your pockets with dust. You take your pic 169144-ok.gif