Just got a cracking deal...

Muppetboy

on an X-Box 360! X-box premium, 2 wireless controllers, Gears of War, Call Of Duty 3, PGR3 and live arcade thingy all for £340! grin.gif

Already got connected to X-Box live but have only tried out CoD 3, it's OK although I'm sure there's better xbox live games - so what are they? what's everyone playing on here?

Oh and I've just sold my old xbox to the guy with all the chicks grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Rainbow Six Vegas is Cracking online, as is Project Gotham Racing, and (although loads will disagree) Perfect Dark Zero

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been playing Unreal Tournament 2004 on PC recently and it's FAB! It does run quite slow though on my laptop; I'm surprised Unreal isn't available on the 360 frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I got it in store. £279.99 for the xbox, pgr3, wireless controller and the arcade games thingy. Then I asked them to price match PC World on GOW and CoD3, as they were doing two games for £60!

[/ QUOTE ]Ahhh I see...

Is this a good offer?

Xbox + 20GB external hard drive, component HD AV cable, ethernet network cable, wireless controller, Xbox Live headset

£271.00 delivered?

Riz confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

All of those things are included in the £279 deal plus you get pgr 3, arcade games and an additional wireless controller.

Play.com are doing good deals I think but they only deliver to the billing address - useless for me!

[/ QUOTE ]Ahhh Ive checked gameplay, nothing standing out... checking play now...

Cheers...

Riz 169144-ok.gif

Yeah play are doing the same deal for £269.99

XBox 360 Premium Console:

Includes Project Gotham Racing 3 game

Includes XBox 360 Live Arcade game

Includes 20GB Hard Drive

Includes 2 Wireless Controllers

Includes Headset - Voice Communicator

Includes Component HD AV Cable (with SCART adaptor)

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah play are doing the same deal for £269.99

XBox 360 Premium Console:

Includes Project Gotham Racing 3 game

Includes XBox 360 Live Arcade game

Includes 20GB Hard Drive

Includes 2 Wireless Controllers

Includes Headset - Voice Communicator

Includes Component HD AV Cable (with SCART adaptor)

[/ QUOTE ]Excellent... now do I wait until Feb time for the price drops everybody is talking about..... and also when is the CES 2007 show? Microsoft are doing a annoucement, probably info about the version 2 xbox360.

Riz confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

might as well wait Riz and see what announcements are made. Either way the 360 is going to drop in price, whether thats because of 360v2 or the PS3 remains to be seen smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Yes the cheaper the better cos the display im getting isnt too cheap crazy.gif

Riz jump.gif

[ QUOTE ]

might as well wait Riz and see what announcements are made. Either way the 360 is going to drop in price, whether thats because of 360v2 or the PS3 remains to be seen smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If the 360 is going to drop in price soon, it'll be when the PS3 is released in europe, so Mid-march.

[ QUOTE ]

Hard to see how the PS3 is going to sell @£500, even with HD blue-ray, with xbox360+game for £280. Better deal is to buy xbox360+wii than a PS3 imho ...

[/ QUOTE ]

At the moment thats correct, they are in the same situation the 360 was in at the start, people aren't buying the console because of the lack of games, and people aren't producing enough games because of the lack of consoles.

Id imagine around march (when the PS3 gets to europe) the games will start appearing. Id also imagine the price will be a touch cheaper, especially if the 360 price drops.