What do I do??

drpellypo

Picture the scene:

MrsP goes to work leaving me with explicit instructions to tidy up, hoover, and do the dishes. SHe left at 11, and is not due back til 5 so I figured I'd just sit and play xbox in my pants until about 4, then cram everything into the last hour. Problem is, I've just realised the time, and I've done nothing. Not a sausage. We have guests coming at 6, but more importantly, MrsP will be back imminently.

What the pants do I do?!

[ QUOTE ]

Tidy xbox away, put rubber gloves on, find sink plunger, throw some water over yourself and undo u-bend under the sink. Pretend you haven't had time because the sink was blocked, but aren't you fab, you've sorted it out, just in time for tonights shindig 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll remember this one 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Tidy xbox away, put rubber gloves on, find sink plunger, throw some water over yourself and undo u-bend under the sink. Pretend you haven't had time because the sink was blocked, but aren't you fab, you've sorted it out, just in time for tonights shindig 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a genius!

But I have no idea where she keeps the plunger, or rubber gloves.

[ QUOTE ]

Tell her to do her own fecking cleaning.. laugh.gif

What does she think this is?.. get men to work day or something ? tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I did contemplate that Dave, but alas, I value my life/well being/legs somewhat.

I also don't want to miss out on any potential tipsy action when the guest have gone wink.gif

What I normally do faced with this scenario - about 6 months a year because I'm in education...

Run through the house with a can of Mr Sheen - randomly squirting it in the air, must be done within 15 minutes of arrival!

Dust carefully around things on key bits - round TV, mantlepieces, shelves, valued pictures etc.

Run the hoover round first. Easy points this one.

DRESS, your cover is blown if you are caught in your underpants!