Desk top speakers

lottiefox

I need some speakers to hook up to my desk top. Sick of having a good system but only the internal speakers which are OK, but not great.

Any suggestions? Not sure how much they are but I don't want to spend shedloads but would rather spend slightly more for something decent than slightly less for something poorer. If that makes any sense at all. wink.gifgrin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Have a look here.

I used to use Creative, but that was years ago. Now I've got a pair of Altec Lansing, and they're well good enough for general purpose use. Surround sound, sub woofers etc obviously cost more, but it boils down to what you need. 169144-ok.gif

Edit:

JBL Creature.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree Altec's are fairly good, I've a 5.1 setup for my PC and it is just lurvley 169144-ok.gif

Any reviews I've heard have always said to steer clear of the gimmick of wireless. They can pick up or generate interference, and you lose the sound quality as a result.

Do you really need surround sound for Microsoft Office type stuff, or are you seriously thinking of using your pc to play hifi quality music?

[ QUOTE ]

Any reviews I've heard have always said to steer clear of the gimmick of wireless. They can pick up or generate interference, and you lose the sound quality as a result.

Do you really need surround sound for Microsoft Office type stuff, or are you seriously thinking of using your pc to play hifi quality music?

[/ QUOTE ]

Phew, thats the wireless saved. I want something that will play decent quality music, I work at home and my PC is in an upstairs study. At the moment I carry the Sound dock upstairs and listen to the ipod but it seems a bit daft when i've got a decent system on the desktop. I don't like tinny music so would happily pay up to say £100 for a decent system that is easy to set up (no wall mounting - the asylum walls are like cliffs tongue.gif)

Decent music only system, then you'll probably get a great 2.1 (2 speakers and a sub woofer) for £100. Best be listening to them first though, so have a trip to PC World or somewhere, and use their set ups to see what works for you, then shop online.

Or just plump for Sams Creature comforts. I'm sure he'd tell you if there were any issues with 'em. 169144-ok.gif

Sorted. JBL Black Creatures ordered on line PC World, £58, collected from scary Selly Oak in Birmingham as was the only local place with them in (didn't stop apart from to run into the shop shocked.gifwink.gif)

I love them! The subwoofer looks like Darth Vader! yelrotflmao.gif

Good recommendation Sam, 169144-ok.gif Plus, I've saved £40 (well actually £70) from the Soundsticks I nearly got so I'm off now to get some shoes and CDs. 169144-ok.gif

1100098-DSCN1540%28Small%29.JPG

1100098-DSCN1541%28Small%29.JPG

Edit - My neighbours will hate me! yelrotflmao.gif

post-9234-137914393019_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Nice setup, now just need to get you to start using a decent browser tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to use FireFox and just never got round to installing it on this computer....maybe I should make that my next mission. Its either IE or BT nasty yahoo at the moment! smashfreakB.gif

God I love my speakers. Bought some clothes and bits with the money I saved as well. A good day. grin.gif