A few RNS-E retrofit questions (2007 A3)

Ok,

I've bought an RNS-E, which should be with me soon. The installation should bre straightforward, as I have the newer double din sized hi-fi.

My car has Bose - do I need to get the car vag-com'd once the RNS-E is in, or should this be ok? Likewise the car has GSM kit?

I'd obciouly like to get TMC up and running and the latest software. Would the latest 2007 DVD(s) do this automatically, or do I have to get the dealer to do something for me?

I'm happy to buy the latest DVD(s), but if the TMC update is a seperate CD/DVD, can anyone provide me with a copy?

Cheers

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm in Hampshire (Southampton), have installed an RNS-E into my last 2 Audis (S4 and RS4) and have VAG-COM 702.7 (the latest version).

PM me to see if we can work something out to VAG your RNS-E/car.

To get TMC working you just need the 2007 DVD - don't forget the free upgrade programme runs until June so once you get the RNS-E installed and working you can arrange with a dealer for them to do the 2007 DVD upgrade for free.

i had the RNS-E retro upgrade done a few weeks ago by Craig and what a good job he did, i then emailed a guy called

Tom Peterkin , about the free TMC upgrade and this is the reply

Hi Chris,

The retro fit TMC DVD upgrade for RS6 models has never been FOC.

However, I am prepared to pay for the DVD if you are prepared to pay for the labour costs.

Please discuss with your local Audi centre what these labour costs would be and then come back to me with your decision?

Regards

Tom Peterkin

Customer Services Operations Mgr.

Ok All. nice chap in Halfords did it for me. I am now completely confused about which pins to change.

I have taken a pic of each wiring diagram - anyone care to take a look and advise?

First pic if of connector (2007 A3 with Bose, Ipod and GSM

post-12290-137914396478_thumb.jpg