Car washing video, VERY GOOD

steelwind101

[ QUOTE ]

Hello

If your not sure about the, grit guard or how to use it, the Two Bucket method or just want to see a car cleaning *guru* at work check out this lesson with Mike Philips. You might know him from Megs Online, he is one of the most respected Auto Detailers.

Remeber, the right dilituion ratio!!

Car wash

Geoff

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent viewing Geoff ! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'd just like to see a video of how someone goes about washing

a car that is actually dirty to start with

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the state of the car is irrelevant mate. No matter how dirty your car is, if you follow the tips from the video (two bucket system i dont use but will now) then you will get the best finish possible. If your car is really filthy then give a good going over with the hose (not power hose as this f*cks up your paint work/alloys) then wash away. I might not agree with all the guy says on the video as my car is over two years old and in pristine condition but most of what he says makes good sense when you want your car to look good. My dad scoffs at the time i spend on cleaning the car but there is nothing better than stepping back and looking at a couple of hours hard work 169144-ok.gifheart.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'd just like to see a video of how someone goes about washing

a car that is actually dirty to start with

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the state of the car is irrelevant mate. No matter how dirty your car is, if you follow the tips from the video (two bucket system i dont use but will now) then you will get the best finish possible. If your car is really filthy then give a good going over with the hose (not power hose as this f*cks up your paint work/alloys) then wash away. I might not agree with all the guy says on the video as my car is over two years old and in pristine condition but most of what he says makes good sense when you want your car to look good. My dad scoffs at the time i spend on cleaning the car but there is nothing better than stepping back and looking at a couple of hours hard work 169144-ok.gifheart.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see your point tspar, l mean l just spent the best part of 7 hours doing my R last weekend and its looking really good(l think so anyway)

By the way good to see another R owner on here 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

not power hose as this f*cks up your paint work/alloys

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that actually the case? I'm sure I have seen detailers using pressure washers

[/ QUOTE ]

Dealers use sponges, water blades, chamois and probably slightly acidic TFR to keep your car looking great.

Used correctly the power hose can be an asset, full power beams on your paintwork and wheels is not good!!

Geoff

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

not power hose as this f*cks up your paint work/alloys

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that actually the case? I'm sure I have seen detailers using pressure washers

[/ QUOTE ]

Dealers use sponges, water blades, chamois and probably slightly acidic TFR to keep your car looking great.

Used correctly the power hose can be an asset, full power beams on your paintwork and wheels is not good!!

Geoff

[/ QUOTE ]

You just have to make sure you're not too close to the surface and keep it moving all the time. Some power washers are quite vicious and you should be careful.

I've seen the industrial ones used to clean ships hulls and they will slice through 1/2" Plywood like a knife through butter!